Your ReMixer name: Pixel Pirates
Your real name: Tobaunta Torkelsson & Fredrik Vinterstjärna
Your email address: 
Your website: pixelpirates.nu
Your userid: 37469 

Name of game(s) arranged: Crash Bandicoot
Name of arrangement: Pixel Bandicoot
Name of individual song(s) arranged: Main Theme & Cortex Boss Theme 

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc: When the Crash Bandicoot remake was in the work I got excited and started working on this remix, starting with just the main theme I could not really get it to be as good as I wanted it to be so I put in some elements from the Neo Cortex fight since these two are the most iconic tunes from the game for me personaly.

• 1 month later...

mix starts off with some synth brass over the main theme, and transitions quickly to the initial presentation of the theme over some off-beat bass with a really buzzy lead. this goes through the main theme's A theme twice with minimal arrangement. it sounds really, really loud here - the lead and bass are so loud you can barely hear the drums at all, let alone anything else pitched. lot of sausage.

there's a transition at 1:14 into the neo cortex melodic content, this is also just a lead and bass instrument, with essentially no pad or anything, and then kicks up into a faster section at 1:37 with the B theme from neo cortex, then back to the A theme. instrumentation and mastering issues from the first half are all the same here. then it...kinda just ends.

this is a track that needs a lot of workshopping. there is little arrangement here outside of fairly smooth transitions between the two songs, and a bit of shifting around where each melodic bit happens in the song scope. there's just the melodic line, the bass, and the drums, and i can barely hear the drums - there needs to be some supporting pitched content that's audible, and there needs to be a huge mastering pass with the lead turned way down to allow anything else to be audible. if i turn this track down to 50% in my headphones, i hardly hear anything but the lead. nowhere near ready yet from what i hear.

this needs a lot of attention. historically your other submissions have been solid, so i'm assuming this just needs some love which you are fully capable of providing, and then it'll be great. right now it's not there yet.

NO

• prophetik music changed the title to 2022/05/20 - (1N) Crash Bandicoot "Pixel Bandicoot"

I'm in agreement with all of the above, plus I feel like the arrangement itself is underdeveloped. It relies on the same supersaw as the lead almost the whole time, making the whole thing seem static and stale.  If I skip around through the track, it pretty much all sounds the same.  There's also no ending to speak of.

So yeah: mastering, instrumentation, and overall structure are all things that need work here.

NO

• MindWanderer changed the title to 2022/05/20 - (2N) Crash Bandicoot "Pixel Bandicoot"

Great idea, but I think you know the execution isn't there yet.

The lead sounds OK for the genre, but it's stomping over pretty much everything else. It's the same all-crushing lead for the whole track as well, so it's a bit of a one-trick pony. Happy hardcore music isn't the most... ah... cerebral to listen to, so I'm not too concerned about the arrangement at this stage, but it does need much more care with the production than this.

NO

• DarkSim changed the title to *NO* Crash Bandicoot "Pixel Bandicoot"