*N/A* Path of Exile "Into the Unknowing"

Emunator

I didn't see what the subject line was supposed to be in the submission info and it's been a while since I submitted a mix so sorry if this is wrong!

Remixer name: mikeHEARTu
Email: 
Userid: 31212

Game: Path of Exile
Name of arrangement: Into The Unknowing
Name of song arranged: Prophecy (Music from the trailer)

The song I'm remixing is from the trailer but the trailer music usually made it's way into the game's soundtrack in some form. Since there isn't any Path of Exile listing on the website, I'll explain a bit. Path of Exile is a free to play game and every few months they release a new expansion with a new batch of content. That new bit of content includes new monsters, bosses, game mechanics, and, of course, music. The score for Path of Exile is mostly done by Kamil Orman-Janowski, to my knowledge and it's mostly available on Youtube. Grinding Gear Games, the developers, offer the soundtrack in some game packages but it's not on Spotify or anything like that, weirdly enough. https://www.youtube.com/user/KamilOrmanJanowski

My mix references the music from the trailer for the Prophecy league which was released in 2016. As it's a trailer, the musical component was relatively small but it was evocative enough to inspire some riffs. The main point of inspiration comes about 53 seconds into the video. The little melody there sounded interesting and then I was, and still am, into death metal so I put some death metal flair on it. For the most part, music in Path of Exile is very cinematic or moody so pulling out elements to do remixes is a bit harder for me to execute on. I think I try to capture rhythmic and feeling elements the most when imagining what to do with the Path of Exile music and hoping it resembles the original in some way.

Here's a link to the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsE_lMdUTd0

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

• 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to 2022/09/02 - Path of Exile "Into the Unknowing" - SOURCE TUNE USED IN GAME??
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

I emailed the original composer, Kamil Orman-Janowski, about the original track, so we'll see if we hear back.

EDIT (8/17): Kamil got back to me right away after I reached out yesterday, but unfortunately, this piece is ineligible because it wasn't used as in-game music. :-( (If this trailer track ever gets put into the actual game, we'd then consider it eligible.)

Hi Larry

Prophecy trailer track hasn’t been included in game.

Cheers

Kamil Orman-Janowski

NO Override

To fully explain for anyone reading this, the source tune fall outside of our guidelines for acceptable source material, which makes this arrangement ineligible for OC ReMix:

3. Acceptable Source Material

1. Submissions can arrange music from any video, computer, or arcade game, with the following qualifications:
  • The music must have actually been used in the game; a bonus track off a commercial game soundtrack does not qualify.

I'm sorry for the unreasonable wait, Michael, just to be told no on a technicality. While I haven't analyzed the arrangement (so I can't confirm if this treatment is too liberal), the musicianship certainly isn't in question; it's well-performed & well-produced and sounds great. If you have something else from your body of work you'd be willing to submit, we can expedite it to account for the time this took, and definitely want to see you posted again!

• Liontamer changed the title to *N/A* Path of Exile "Into the Unknowing"