OCR04489 - *YES* Super Smash Bros. Ultimate "Crocodile Kroctoberfest (Prost Mix)"

Emunator

Hey!

So we most likely missed Mario/DK Priority month but either way we are super (no pun intended) happy with how this arrangement turned out. A bit of Backstory. The original ORIGINAL version of this was a dwelling of duels submission that actually had lyrics and had a much different arrangement. After a while I went back to it and totally revamped the arrangement and got rid of the lyrics. I of course mad a ridiculous puppet music video of it seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVd3IFH7PEY

I’ve been meaning to submit this one for a while, and when Mario/DK priority came up I decided to take the opportunity to re re do it with real instruments. Huge thanks to Lucas Guimaraes for gathering everyone involved and also thanks to everyone involved…that was redundant but still. Alas I’m probably too late for the priority but in any event here is my Bavarian polka arrangement of Crocodile Cacophony  entitled: Crocodile Kroctoberfest (Prost Mix)

Game: Donkey Kong Country 2, Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Name of Arrangement: Crocodile Kroctoberfest (Prost Mix)
Name of Song: Crocodile Cacophony (The Smash Ultimate Version)
Original Composer: David Wise
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2skbG1WHXw

Artists:

General Grunt - arrangement/composition
Muffin Tunes - clarinets, bass clarinet
Valse39 - clarinets
Ian Martyn - accordion
Shea's Violin - violins
optimizasean - violins
Nemo Fairlight - viola
Lucas Guimaraes - orchestra, percussion
Ridley Snipes - electric bass, drums, percussion, mix/master

Attached in the email is the 320k Mp3 but I've also included a google drive link with other formats.

Thanks, and we hope you enjoy this madness.

~General Grunt (Remixer ID: 16156)

• Liontamer changed the title to 2023/05/18 - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate "Crocodile Kroctoberfest (Prost Mix)"
  • Liontamer changed the title to 2023/05/18 - (1Y) Super Smash Bros. Ultimate "Crocodile Kroctoberfest (Prost Mix)"
  • 1 month later...

I was about to chide Larry for not giving a serious review, but... yeah.  It's hard to find words for this chicanery.

You've got a recording artifact or something at 1:43, I dunno. You should get that looked at.

Seriously, though, this sounds pretty great. For our usual definition of "great," anyway. 1:31-1:37 is a smidge muddy, but I'm nitpicking.

YES

• MindWanderer changed the title to 2023/05/18 - (2Y) Super Smash Bros. Ultimate "Crocodile Kroctoberfest (Prost Mix)"
  • 5 weeks later...

chicanery

first five seconds:

:<

after i heard the clarinet i went and looked who it was, and i was right! it's General Goofball back with another awesome polka. i can't wait. points off for no puppet video this time.

there's a few super minor timing issues in the first 30s or so in the clarinet, and a few articulations i may have tried to do slightly differently, but honestly this is a really impressive job on a pretty tough piece for the clarinet, especially articulation-wise. there's some silly fingers around 1:17 but that's really it.

i laughed out loud at 1:43. i don't know why i didn't expect it. amazing.

what a great tune. i love it. it's got so much arrangement crammed into just over two minutes, it sounds great, and it's just a fun listen.

YES

• prophetik music changed the title to 2023/05/18 - (3Y) Super Smash Bros. Ultimate "Crocodile Kroctoberfest (Prost Mix)"
  • 2 weeks later...

I was a fan of your original polka submission but the live performers and mixing assistance ramp this up a whole another level. I also feel like the arrangement here is even stronger in the way that you transformed such a dramatic piece of boss music into... well, this. You really didn't hold back any punches (or belches) here. It feels like a fully-realized vision of what you've been doing for a while now and I'm really happy to see you get here! :)

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR04489 - *YES* Super Smash Bros. Ultimate "Crocodile Kroctoberfest (Prost Mix)"
  • Liontamer locked this topic