• Your ReMixer name: ThePlasmas
  • Your real name: Mauricio Castro
  • Your email address: 
  • Your website(s):  https://linktr.ee/theplasmasvgm
  • Your userid: 30081
  • Name of game(s) arranged: Celeste
  • Name of arrangement: Al Otro Lado Del Espejo
  • Name of individual song(s) arranged: In The Mirror
  • Additional information about game: Lena Raine, PC and Consoles.
  • Link to the original soundtrack: 
    https://open.spotify.com/intl-es/album/1ZfETfec0U02KrKNI8w3Gf?autoplay=true
  • Your own comments about the mix: Celeste is a very beautiful and challenging game, I love the art style, the music and the story. That make it one of my all time favorites, the idea of covering that song came from GameGrooves, and it's available on the album "Over The Summit" (https://lnk.to/overthesummit). I decided to transform a non metal song into a very dark one, adding riffs, harmonies and a straight-to-the-face bass/drum sound.

Mastered by James C. Hoffman: https://x.com/JCHoffmanMusic

---------------------------------------------
Mauricio Castro Bobadilla
Profesor de Matemática
Licenciado en Educación
theplasmasvgm.bandcamp.com

The track was 5:11-long, so I needed to identify the source tune in play for at least 155.5 seconds for the VGM to be considered dominant in the arrangement:

:02-1:20, 1:39.5-1:58.5, 2:17.75-3:44.25, 4:22.75-4:41.75 = 202.5 second or 65.11% overt source usage

There could be more that I was overlooking and undercounting. I just timed it out to map out what I recognized at first blush and not overlook the level of source usage while being bowled over by this musicianship.

Weird lil' blip of sorts around 2:07 when the cymbal gets muted in an abrupt way; very minor thing.

Great performances, strong energy, very intense peaks, excellent dynamic contrast throughout, loads of changes in the lead guitar tones to provide variety, and the treatment of the source tune was excellent. If you need pro-grade official arrange album quality stuff, call Mauricio. Incredible work!

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to 2023/08/12 - (1Y) Celeste "Al Otro Lado del Espejo"
  • 3 weeks later...

name means roughly "on the other side of the mirror".

loved the bass in the intro, although i wish it was clearer. keys at 0:40 were nice. whole opening reminded me of Evanescence's second album a bit. it really gets going at 1:00, with 1:20's aggressive in-your-face action being really fun. drum fills were really solid. there is indeed a render glitch at 2:07.5 or so. 2:37 was really gripping to me, nice work with the ascending chord work there. 3:15 is a 'break', for probably the first time in the track, and it's needed by that point. 3:44 kicks it back up and it's real mean for a bit before the keys come back for a little while. at 4:23 we get the last big blow for the last 40s or so, and it's done. 4:51 has another render blat. there's a lot of silence to trim from the render, both at the beginning and end.

this is an aggressive, intense take on a great original track. nice work! i love how in-your-face it is throughout without ever being overwhelming.

YES

• prophetik music changed the title to 2023/08/12 - (2Y) Celeste "Al Otro Lado del Espejo"
  • 3 weeks later...
  • MindWanderer changed the title to 2023/08/12 - (3Y) Celeste "Al Otro Lado del Espejo"
  • 2 months later...

"Badass" barely feels like a sufficient enough descriptor to cover what you've made here. You've taken perhaps the most unsettling original song in the entire Celeste soundtrack and ramped up the dread to new heights with sludgy guitar riffs and a deep bass tone that evoke the ice-cold heaviness of Deftones. It's polished and gnarled at the same time. The clean guitars come in at just the right time to provide some contrast to the heavier sections surrounding it. The drums hold things down and know when it's time to get flashy for a few really well-executed fills. What more is there to say? You done good.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR04586 - *YES* Celeste "Al Otro Lado del Espejo"
  • Emunator locked this topic