*NO* Super Mario 64 "Bowser Road"

Emunator

Hi i want to send to summit this mix

My name remixer : AdriánDBAremixes
My real Name : Adrián Fernández Sanmiguel
My Web Adress : 
My user rid 38736-adriandbamixes

Super Mario 64- Bowser Road

I am from Spain i do not speak english well this topic has been reviewed several times by Chris Roman (Hemophiliac),he help me to improve the mix , it dosn´t matter if i have to change anything to improve the mix, please tell me anything.

Thanks

Edited by prophetik music

The mixing and balancing work well enough, although the overall master is on the quiet side.  I am hearing tons of harmonic dissonance though, throughout the piece there are areas where notes seem to clash, at least to my ears.  

The drum sequence does not change once established, the level of energy stays mostly the same, the writing seems to be mostly copy and paste, and the instruments are the same all the way through, giving the piece a repetitive feel.

Is there more to the track, because this render cuts off very abruptly at 3:19, with no type of cooldown or outro, it just cuts off cold.

More work to do on this one in terms of writing, removing disharmonies, adding variation and interest to the arrangement, and rendering the entire track including any outro.  I do like this concept though!

NO

• Chimpazilla changed the title to 2023/11/06 - (1N) Super Mario 64 "Bowser Road"

Always loved this theme as a kid, so let's go. Melody on keyboard at :15 feels very rigid. Oooh, at :29 with the shift, the percussion feels too metronome-like and locked to grid, and the melody's not standing out enough. The bassline writing's OK in principle, but almost sounded quitely off-key. At 1:21, the blocky keyboard backing and percussion is still holding this back, and the textures feel barren despite some decent padding going on. Keyboard at 2:13's also very rigid-sounding (with an awkward/sudden decay of that last note in the measure at 2:26). Track cut out with no fade or ending at 3:20.

There's no fluidity to the timing of these parts, Adrián, and once you get to 2:27, we've basically heard all of the ideas; there's no real dynamic/energy contrast going on, just occasional times where the textures get fuller or emptier while the overall tone and pacing remained the same, which undermined the potential dynamics. I appreciate the mellower feel here; it would be very difficult to raise this up to a place where it would pass, because the timing isn't smoother and the textures lack synnergy.

NO

• Liontamer changed the title to 2023/11/06 - (2N) Super Mario 64 "Bowser Road"

quiet master.

interesting drums to start. keys in at 0:15 and they don't sound very realistic. agree with chimpa that there are a lot of conflicting notes throughout, mostly in the backing pad which sounds like it has extra harmonics. i don't know what the pad is doing throughout actually, and most of the time it sounds wrong. the bass has some questionable stuff too and a ton of harmonics which make it tough to hear what fundamental pitch it's playing.

this pretty much just does the same thing as the first 1:30 or so over and over. i think the initial drum groove is neat, and the variety of synths you use is fun, but overall there isn't much connected from section to section. the overall discordant sound palette is also a big problem and would need to be corrected. it also needs an ending.

NO

• prophetik music changed the title to *NO* Super Mario 64 "Bowser Road"