OCR04676 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, WW & LoZ "Solace"

Emunator

Credits:

Arrangement, production, keyboards, mixing: Emunator

Mastering: Chimpazilla

Comments:

This track is a spiritual successor to Beginnings, which marked the start of my journey into lofi music production. Enter the Twilight Realm is a riff that would frequently worm into my brain, and on Christmas Eve of 2023, I finally decided to do something with it. Like Beginnings, I didn't listen to the source material during the creation process, simply pulling fragments from my memory and piecing them together like a warm patchwork quilt. Lofi music frequently feels like searching through a box of memories that I forgot I possessed, and this track sort of evokes that same feeling for me.

This track was finished in two days and under 10 hours, with Kristina providing a beautifully lush master. Thank you for always helping my work shine, my friend ?

bit of a shuffle to start. the twilight theme shows right off the bat. the bass is really caged up and has a unique tone to it. there's a ton of wet sfx going on which is nice for the vibe. there's more traditional harmonic leading than i'd have expected at about 1:15, but it works fine.

there's a break at 1:37 for a bit and then we're into a short recap at 1:59. there's a lot of outro material as the melodic material slowly drifts off into the aether, and it's done.

this is short and sweet. mastering is definitely lush, very appropriate for the track. nice job.

YES

• 3 weeks later...

A lo-fi bop? OK, I like what I'm hearing. Subtle thing, but nice job varying the tone of the beats so that they didn't feel repetitive. I also dug the sound design at 1:45 with the lil' twinkle sprinkles.

Why was "Forest Haven" listed here? I couldn't ID it here, but wouldn't mind a timestamp. I did hear the Zelda theme at 1:46 though. In any case, nice and laid back, with solid sound design!

YES

Forest Haven pops in briefly on the lead bell melody at 1:46 :) It's a subtle thing that's mixed and mashed with the main Zelda theme, but the ascending riff at 1:46 specifically is :11 in Forest Haven (or Kokiri Forest if you will, I think they share the same tune.) I wasn't sure if I was even quoting a Zelda song during the creation process so I had to look it up to verify what I actually used when I was writing the submission letter!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Warm, lush, minimal.  3 words I expect from lo-fi, even though two of those are opposites of each other. Lushness of the parts filling the spectrum and minimal parts used to do it.  The very slight detuning and subtle filter sweeps throughout are really highlights for me.  They add so much despite being very miniscule in the amounts of each.

The arrangement doesn't overstay it's welcome and we get variation and changes to new sections right when we need them.  The subtle hints at the main Zelda theme also were a nice touch for 1:47-1:59, right before we get the final recap.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR04676 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, WW & LoZ "Solace"
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR04676 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess & WW "Solace"