Does anyone use NI Kompakt?

Kompakt is a stripped down Kontakt - it is not even really supported anymore by NI. It has the same import features as Kontakt 1 but editing is not nearly as powerful. Thus, if you have any Kontakt 1-compatible libraries you can load them into your Kompakt. This includes Giga, EXS, NKI, Akai, and a few others, so there are lots of libraries out there you can load.

There is one stipulation: the Kompakt PLAYER that comes with many libraries is NOT capable of loading new sounds. It is locked and closed-format.

While I have Kontakt 2, I still use Kompakt players quite a bit. They are less resource-hungry than K2 and less buggy, imo, so they are still worth using.

I use Kompakt simply because of the ease of use. Everything is simple simple simple. While zircon is right in that NI isn't going to support kompakt (and intakt) anymore, it is way way less resource hungry.

That one East West demo zircon showed us awhile back, I placed that into the kompakt folder and it works fine (although you had to change something in regedit, which yoozer provided.)

Kompakt is a stripped down Kontakt - it is not even really supported anymore by NI. It has the same import features as Kontakt 1 but editing is not nearly as powerful. Thus, if you have any Kontakt 1-compatible libraries you can load them into your Kompakt. This includes Giga, EXS, NKI, Akai, and a few others, so there are lots of libraries out there you can load.

There is one stipulation: the Kompakt PLAYER that comes with many libraries is NOT capable of loading new sounds. It is locked and closed-format.

Kompakt is the first professional VST I own and I didn't buy it with any other libraries. Got any suggestions for places to find NKIs, Akais, EXS and whatnot - or is there another topic around here that addresses that?