Frequency

Im trying to edit the frequency or pitch fade in my song. I cant find a way to open it in the audio section. I can find the volume fade, and the panning fade, but no fade to change the pitch! if you dont know what Im talking about, open the daven-tesseract sample and look down in the audio section. how can I open up the same thing in my song?

yeah but I actually want to have the frequency or pitch change with a fade. not just have it stay with the same pitch or frequency. Im not sure if Im using the right term when I say frequency. what I meen by that, is have a fade that starts off with only low bass sounds, and then its fades with more treble... its hard to explain... I want the pitch to change with a fade so I cant make more realistic guitar sounds, like bends, with the slayer 2.

I wouldn't really call that a "pitch fade", more like attenuating certain frequencies.

There's at least two ways to do this:

1) use a filter. either the one that's built-in to each channel or a fruity (free) filter.

2) use a parametric EQ (this is used in tesseract). available as an insert effect in the mixer FX section.

there's a whole lot of crap going on in tesseract, but the "pitch fade" effect is done by the 2nd parametric EQ in mixer channel 12--it's essentially set up so that it acts as a lowpass (LP) filter, and it's being automated by an automation clip.

actually I was talking about both of your suggestions, but more of ddrkirby's. Im pretty new to the XXL edition of friuty loops so Im still trying to figure everthing out. hey ddrkirby, Im still tring to figure out where the parametric EQ is. where is the mixer FX section?

Open the mixer (F9 or click the icon at the top of the program window). Select a track, you'll get a list of insert slots for that track. Click the down arrow next to a slot and you can add plugins like the Parametric EQ.

If you're trying to get an effect where the song has only low frequencies playing at first, then gradually adds in the rest, try this:

Add a Fruity Filter to the master track in the mixer.

Click the Fruity Filter and turn all the knobs completely down, except Low Pass. Put that at full.

Now you're going to automate it. Right click the Cutoff Frequency knob, and choose Create automation clip. Put this clip where you want, and adjust the curve so that it gradually rises. At 0%, only extreme low frequencies get through (you probably won't hear anything unless you have some sub bass frequencies in the song, and good monitors with a wide range). As the cutoff rises, more frequencies are allowed to pass through and be heard, starting with the lows. At 100% all frequencies get through.

(Cutoff corresponds to the frequency spectrum. If you were doing a highpass sweep instead, you'd reverse the cutoff: 0% = all get through, 100% = only extreme highs.)

You don't have to use Fruity Filter for this effect, but it's probably the simplest way to do it. You could use a more complex EQ plugin and apply the same principles--automate the bands to only let whatever frequencies you want to pass through at a given time.

Hope this helps.