The Addams Family - Nightmare on Cemetery Lane

Random Hero

Note: No finger snapping here! lol

OK. Does anyone else have trouble finishing one project before starting another. Right now I have 8 unfinished songs on the go, one of which dates back to 2005. Oh well.

Here's my newest song (Plumber's Bane has hit the crowded back burner to simmer).

48p76 Please disregard the screwy audio data; should be 4:20, 192kbps.

Its based on three different versions of the main theme (not the title theme),all composed by Jonathan Dunn, from three different version of the same game, The Addams Family. The primary source is the SNES version, though bits from the Amiga and Genesis versions were also used.

The song is 98% done (I think), but I wanted some opinions before submitting it.

Thanx

Ryan

Good stuff man......you clearly have a good sense of harmory and an understanding of orchestral dynamics. You were right in saying this is at least 98% done, lol. I cant think of a reason why this wouldnt make it...keep up the good work : )

OK. Does anyone else have trouble finishing one project before starting another. Right now I have 8 unfinished songs on the go, one of which dates back to 2005. Oh well.

Around 6 months ago I erased my project folder so I could start from scratch. There were 150-200 unfinished songs in there. I've since started around that many, only to get sidetracked each time. Musical ADD is the devil.

I personally enjoyed this song. As usual, I have no idea what the originals sound like so I won't bother trying to comment on rearrangement, but looking at it as if it were an original work I can say that the dynamics to it are enjoyable. My only problem would be that it seems to drag on towards the end. I think the drums are at fault there. Dynamic though they may be, they're always present in some form (excluding the last few seconds) and part of me was hoping for them to cut out entirely, if only for a moment, leading up to the end. I think it'd give it a better buildup towards the finale. I'll listen to it later on better speakers to make sure I didn't miss anything particularly obvious (like clipping, everything being panned dead center, etcetera). This is definitely good stuff, though.

Around 6 months ago I erased my project folder so I could start from scratch. There were 150-200 unfinished songs in there. I've since started around that many, only to get sidetracked each time. Musical ADD is the devil.

I personally enjoyed this song. As usual, I have no idea what the originals sound like so I won't bother trying to comment on rearrangement...

150-200.. ok i don't feel bad anymore. lol.. Very prolific ain't you.. hahah, nothing wrong with that.

I put a link to the original song in the second post. Not sure how many people actually know or even remember this game.

And thanx for the suggestions. I assume your refering to the snare drum and not the bass drum. Let me know.

Ah. I...didn't see the link. What version of the game is that from, and how do the other versions' themes differ?

That is the SNES and the most thought out of the versions.

The other versions are not as well, ahhh, orchestrated, if you can call it that. the sections from 1:10-1:24 is based more in those versions with instrumentation from the SNES version and some of my own stuff thrown in.

• 4 months later...
I just submitted this song to the judges. I did make a few changes to the one posted here, taking some of the suggestions and adding some other stuff.

Thanx again and wish me luck.

Ryan

Aaah, they MUST accept THAT!! :-)

It's awesome! :o