MMX4-Jet Stingray

Sora

NOOOOO!!! the link isnt working....

EDIT: pretty good/solid intro. i'd switch up the main melody a little bit so it's not exactly the same as the original (like DA said, as you will see). also i think the drums could be turned down some. and bring up the bass. you should have a slam'n bass line in a tune like this. from 2:25 the melody gets drowned out. i like some of the piano stuff goin on. this is a great mix so far, just needs a lil fixin up! do whatcha do

The drums are a little too much in your face. Main lead is getting slightly lost amongst the maze of effects you have going on.

Some of the background harmony needs to be brought out. I would work on balancing everything out so that the in your face, mashed together loud feeling turns into a concoction of synergy.

Just work on meshing things together (especially drums).

You definately set up a nice drive to it, which I liked. Definately invocative of the original.

I find it awkward that you go through the whole thing one time verbatim before you do anything else. It felt like "This is the theme, now here's what I'm going to do with it."

Hate to say it, but I also started to space out towards the end. That's where you really started to do some good stuff, but by that point I'd already lost it, of sorts. It didn't really have something to capture my interest, like maybe a change of instrumentation. More experimentation would be good here, I think.

Good stuff, in all honesty I gotta agree DA. Also with all the glitching your doing and all of these elements u need an assload more ping pong panning. Go listen to R3FORGED Tetris mix, or check out his stuff as Reforged on Acid Planet. Your styles are similar. Another thing to watch over for is the release times on all of your synths. You seem to be creating this big massive wall of sound with everything going on. Try to cut back at times and give the harmonies and melodies room to breathe. This isn't easy by any means and is something I personally have a trouble with. This has a assload worth of awesome ideas though. With panning and some very discrete attention to detail you could really make this kick ass.

okay, panning, meshing of harmonies, lower drums, I'll switch up the arrangment, change the original source tune the second time around, turm up the bass, and basically just smooth it all out. ^^

okay, gotta lotta work ahead of me. Haven't been on OCR in a while but I'm glad I'm getting some feedback. I knew the whole arrangment would be a problem I just hadn't decided what to do with it yet, but now I'll get crackin'. : D

Definitely carries energy, but gets really convoluted at points. I think this might be a case of "frequency competition", where you have too many sounds fighting among the same frequencies. You might benefit from using some filters, and some panning effects. It definitely has potential though : )

• 2 weeks later...