Mechwarrior 3

Nutritious

I've recently been going through some of my older PC games for nostalga factor (just finished mechwarrior 2), so I pulled out MW3 to try out. Game installed fine, but when I tried to run it, it gives an error about compatibility with XP and that it needs to be patched. No problem, I downloaded the 1.2 patch, installed it and tried again. Double click the icon to start... nothing happens. Tried rebooting and got the same thing. So I pulled up Task Manager and watched the processes. A mech3.exe process pops up when I doubleclick the icon, but almost instantly disappears. Anyone out here that has the game and has got it working on XP?

P4 3.0 GHz

Windows XP Pro

1gig ram

Put the compatibility mode of your MechWarrior 3 executable shortcut to "Windows 98/ME" or "Windows 95", and it should run without problems.

Compatibility mode didn't work with MW3 or Age of Empires 2 for me, at least when I tried it, and when I run the games I get an "illegal operation" error.

YES I AM STILL LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER TO THIS

I will try compatibility mode with AoE2 one more time :3

someone told me once to disable directdraw and it might work. Any truth to this?

Compatibility mode didn't work with MW3 or Age of Empires 2 for me, at least when I tried it, and when I run the games I get an "illegal operation" error.

YES I AM STILL LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER TO THIS

I will try compatibility mode with AoE2 one more time :3

someone told me once to disable directdraw and it might work. Any truth to this?

You probably already tried this, but did you patch it up first? It didn't work until I patched it AND used compatibility mode.