OCR01657 - *YES* Shadow of the Colossus 'Wanderer on the Offensive (Live Edit)' *RESUB*

Liontamer

We voted on the last one, so you might as well hear this one - LT

Original Decision: http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9042

Here is a resubmission of my track "Wander On The Offensive" It has been completely reworked with live tracks and new drums.There was a lot of work put in by Sixto as well as yodaisbetter and B33J. I consider this song to be the largest I have worked on (on and off of OCR) and I am so glad to have this many talented individuals working on this mix. I really put a lot into this arrangement, and they really made it spring to life before my very ears.

Game Remixed: Shadow of the Colossus

Song(s) Remixed: "The Opened Way" and "Counterattack"

Remix Title: "Wander On The Offensive (Live Edit)"

Remixer(s): Cerrax (Arrangement)

Sixto (Guitars, Drum Sequencing, Mixing/Mastering)

B33J (Bass Guitar)

yodaisbetter (Viola)

yodaisbetter:

"When I first heard the original of this mix I was quite impressed, it took two great songs from SotC and meshed them together into a pretty solid rock song, but it lacked in a few areas. The addition of the live recordings helped this song reach it's potential, and it turned out much better than I expected."

B33J:

"I had just began playing this game when the WIP by Cerrax was posted in the threads, so it immediately caught my attention. When the call went out for a bassist, I really wanted to contribute to the awesome power that Sixto had thrown together for the live edit WIP. Thanks to Cerrax and Sixto for allowing me the opportunity to contribute to such an incredible song and my first contribution to OCR."

Sixto:

"When I first heard the original remix Cerrax came up with, I already thought it was a pretty rockin' track, but I really wanted to add some live guitars. So I jumped at the chance when I saw that he was looking for someone to record them. I also decided to help with the drums since they were getting some negative feedback on the forums.

Although I'm not a big fan of collaborations, I really enjoyed

working on this track. Hope you guys enjoy it, too."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Wander and the Colossus -Roar of the Earth- Original Soundtrack - (21) "Counterattack ~Battle With the Colossus~" & (08) "The Opened Way ~Battle With the Colossus~"

Impressive, gentlemen.

I'm short for time. Here ya go.

YES

• 5 weeks later...

Really a fantastic remix. Better in basically every single way than the original sub, which already had a good arrangement and just needed the production spice. The only weak link is the viola, which is not as tightly performed or recorded as the other elements, but it's certainly not bad and does compliment the mix well.

YES

Never heard the original submission.

Good energy, no production qualms that I can hear. Pretty solid all across the board. Not much else for me to add.

4 Thumbs Up Glib votes. Congratulations, gentlemen.

YES

(I'd like to see if Dave can find anything quote-worthy for his writeup for this one when he gets around to it.) :D