Zelda 64 - Minuet of Forest; Smooth acoustic guitars

Strike911

http://strike911.sanctuslegacy.com/MinuetofForest.mp3

Okay, I'm really digging this. It's smooth. It's easy listening. I hope you like that kind of music.

It's essentially two acoustic guitars with a bass part also really helps. Additionally there's some drums and a few other percussion instruments in there too. Additionally, I've attempted to pan things around so where your headphones! It could use a little work and is still just a preview/wip at this piont, I want to add some crazy soloage and maybe some more references to other Zelda songs in there, I want to add more to this one.

What do you guys think so far?

Your comments and suggestions and criticisms are 100% appreciated. ^_^

http://strike911.sanctuslegacy.com/MinuetofForest.mp3

You say you want to add other Zelda songs to this. I already here the Stone tower theme from Majora's mask in there a bit at the beginning at 0:19 to 0:24 and then at 0:38 to 0:43. You probably have no idea what I'm talkin about...

Great feel you've got going in this song. Minuet of the forest was one of my least favourite ocarina songs but you've made something great out of it.

Really likin' this one. We don't get into the actual Minuet melody until around 0:58 though, which is kind of long for an intro. It almost sounds like a cameo by the time we actually get to the melody. :P Maybe start it around 0:19 or 0:38, and use the rest of the intro later on, or as the ending.

Or you could turn this into a Stone Tower remix with a Minuet cameo. ;)

MASSIVE UPDATE!! Same link in the first post!

First of all, thank you all very much for leaving comments and saying nice things. :) Second of all, damn!! lol!! I sadly never played Majora's Mask... -_- ... I already updated this thing with like, a lot of additions... and started adding other songs already >_< hehe. hmm, I'll take a look at the MM song though and see if I can implement it, or if it'll help.

Okay, so here's the rundown, this has become more of an acoustic guitar medley. I start the Minuet of Forest tune earlier... I thought the original version just went a bit slow, like you guys recommended. I also introduce the Twinrova melody halfway through (the Spirit Temple boss from Zelda64), and then the Windmill theme transitions from that.... and then it goes, yet again, back into the Minuet of Forest tune. And... well... actually it seems like kind of a small update when it's all written out, but it took freakin' hours and is in fact, a big addition by my own proclamations. Seriously. I also fixed the drums and tweaked them a bit. AND there's an ending too... which, you know, brings closure... and stuff... I wasn't digging the abrupt hard stop I typically have. lol.

I'm gonna keep adding stuff though. ^_^

What do you guys think of this version?

Thanks, yeah, I'm hoping to throw those in soon. Song of Time fits perfectly, as I've been experimenting with it for a little bit. Zelda's Lullaby fits in too, but it gets really dark sounding... but... yeah. Good times.

I also have been pondering the whole Gerudo Valley theme, since the tune is a little similar to the style of my mix.

Temple of time, Zelda's lullabye, and Saria's song fit pretty well as does Bolero of Fire... I guess pretty much all the ocarina tunes fit (with a few minor adjustments)... maybe with the exception of the Spirit one... but yeah, I'll be adding all those in, and maybe, possibly, a few other tunes... I'd LOVE to add in the Owl theme, but that remains to be seen at this point.

And... one a sidenote, I will be adding a little more of an intro to the Twinrova (twin witch spirit boss) part of the mix because I feel like it just takes off way to fast and doesn't have enough rising action before it.

^_^

Thank you for the comment. =)

This is a pretty good start. The percussion sounds are nice, if a bit too loop-ish. Vary the velocities on your lead guitar, because it gets dull to have every note play at the same volume. All the ocarina songs fit perfectly here. You manage to keep everything in the same key without sounding awkward.

I've seen your other mixes on your homepage before and I don't think you give your non-trance mixes enough credit here. You have some cool pieces there.