FLMC - Fruity Loops Music Competition 7: Super Metroid [VOTING]

Gollgagh

Welcome to FLMC7!

This month's theme is Super Metroid.

Voting time!

Please PM all of your votes to me, Gollgagh. Voting ends on September 30, 11:59 PM EST.

Okay, voting time. Sorry it's taken so long.

Here are the entries:

Bundeslang - Red Item

MP3 file | Zipped FLP file

Rocketsniper - Untitled

MP3 file | Zipped project file

sosadagr8 - projectmetroid

Smenelian - Smenelian Brinstar

DDRKirby(ISQ) - 3xOSC Supersaw

Choose an entry for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. 1st will recieve 4 points, 2nd will recieve 2, 3rd will recieve 1.

Votes should look something like this:

==========================

First place:

~person 1 - Super untstroid~

olol this mix wurz purty awsome cuz of the BOOMBOOM and the sweet synhts!

Second place:

~person 2 - Super Metroid mix 2007~

this wurz purty gud too but it didn't have enough UNTS

Third place:

~person 3 - Zoomers R us~

kekekek nice name but work more on the song next time kthx

==========================

If you would rather not have your vote posted in the thread, simply say so. Otherwise, all votes will be posted.

I reiterate: Please PM all of your votes to me, Gollgagh. Voting ends on September 30, 11:59 PM EST.

Oldinfo: I've set up a site for FLMC: click here to see it.

Click here to download the SPCs. If your music player doesn't play SPCs, then follow the instructions on this page.

Click here to download the MIDIs.

A quick recap of the rules for FLMC:

You arrange music in FL, using only default synths and samples. No external VSTs or samples.

* No Sytrus, DX10, Wasp, Soundfont Player, etc.

* You are allowed to use the FLMC7 Pack (provided by DDRKirby). Click here (Googlepages) or here (YouSendIt) to download it.

* You may enter as many songs as you want.

* You may create either a remix or an original song.

* You may collaborate with other entrants.

* You must provide a FLP file (preferably in the form of a zipped project file). No exceptions.

You may either post your submissions in the thread, or email them to OCR.FLMC@gmail.com

And last, the submission deadline is SEPTEMBER 1, 2007, 11:59PM EST.

Good luck!

Update:

The submission deadline has been extended to September 9th, 11:59PM EST.

Hey everyone, Zephyr here, I'm a bit of a newbie to re-mixing but you've gotta start somewhere, I'd be very interested in doing a bit of a collab/mentorship deal with someone. I can't help out a ton, but I'll offer anything I can do. I have a keyboard and can play piano well. if anyone is the slightest bit interested please let me know. I realize that this is relatively late in the competition to be coming in, but I'd like to help anyways, you can have full credit if you like. Thanks you very much.

Hey everyone, Zephyr here, I'm a bit of a newbie to re-mixing but you've gotta start somewhere, I'd be very interested in doing a bit of a collab/mentorship deal with someone. I can't help out a ton, but I'll offer anything I can do. I have a keyboard and can play piano well. if anyone is the slightest bit interested please let me know. I realize that this is relatively late in the competition to be coming in, but I'd like to help anyways, you can have full credit if you like. Thanks you very much.

Check your PMs.

OK, I have mailed my Entry. Don't think it's legendary, but the first entry (or not??) is send. Hopefully I will see more entrants, so I'm not ending in top 3 this time. Good luck all.

BTW: My song is called 'Red Item', it contains music from the Item Receive theme and Red Brinstar Theme. If you want, I can upload the song to my google page and post a link to it.

I really am working on it, you know. It's just over a minute now... and/or a mother brain mix. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to draw this out to contest length.

7/4's difficult :?

Also, yay a good drum loop.

Edit: I just noticed that this is in the competitions forum now. It hasn't ended yet!

Still got a week or so...

I may have to have fun with this :) I'll see what I can do.

edit: can't really find any source material that I'm digging. I'll have to join the next one :)

It's also "inspired by"... so if you find something that you think would be able to go in the game (some kind of wandering music probably... maybe something kinda chaotic...) then that works too.

I'm using loop 2 mostly, I'm liking all of the ones included though...

cool. make sure you process them and make them sound all neat and phat--they're not completely dry but I didn't go through that really thoroughly when i threw them together.

as for the possibility of receiving an entry from me, well, it hinges upon me sitting down for a day and happening to get something good going. if that doesn't happen in the next week, i'm out.

I may have to have fun with this :) I'll see what I can do.

edit: can't really find any source material that I'm digging. I'll have to join the next one :)

If I've read the rules correctly, it's also allowed to post an original song. Try that, you don't have to use the Super Metroid songs if I'm correct.

It's also "inspired by"... so if you find something that you think would be able to go in the game (some kind of wandering music probably... maybe something kinda chaotic...) then that works too.

I'm using loop 2 mostly, I'm liking all of the ones included though...

I'll try that. Are we allowed to use any of the metroid samples in the mix?

A quick recap of the rules for FLMC:

You arrange music in FL, using only default synths and samples. No external VSTs or samples.

* No Sytrus, DX10, Wasp, Soundfont Player, etc.

* You are allowed to use the FLMC7 Pack (provided by DDRKirby). Click here (Googlepages) or here (YouSendIt) to download it.

* You may enter as many songs as you want.

* You may create either a remix or an original song.

* You may collaborate with other entrants.

* You must provide a FLP file (preferably in the form of a zipped project file). No exceptions.

You may either post your submissions in the thread, or email them to OCR.FLMC@gmail.com

And last, the submission deadline is SEPTEMBER 1, 2007, 11:59PM EST.

Good luck!

So yeah. Can't use samples from the game, but can create original music. Basically, everything's got to originate from fruity loops or the sample pack.