Lack of Resident Evil!!

Tenucha

I'm just going to throw this out as a guess, but maybe the reason for few RE remixes is that much of the music is ambient or scene-specific. It's excellent material, but a lot of it is short and tailored to perfectly fit the action on screen. Just a layman's guess.

Ya, MOST of the music... it's usually like that on a soundtrack score anyway.

Thats why I mentioned RE4.

RE4 does have a bit more "action" type music thats not just ambient atmospheric background tunes.

Outbreak has that very chilling into theme as well.

Even in Resident Evil 4, none of the music really stood out for me. It works perfectly as background-music, and the helicopter-ganado battle music was cool, but none of them have the necessary catchy leitmotif that's required from a good source song. It's more of a cinematic soundtrack than a game soundtrack, and the emphasis is more on the instrumentation and atmosphere than on the melody.

Could have sworn I responded to this... o_0

Ya the main soundtrack score is a great atmospheric selection across all the games... However there are quite a few pieces... intro themes, bonus tracks and so on that can work excellently as an OCReMix...

From RE4: All Mercenary themes (HUNK, Ada, Wesker, Krauser and Leon) and additional Ada theme (Assignment Ada and "Seperate Ways") would work wonderfully.

There is also the intro theme to both RE0 (short but something neat could come from it) and Outbreak that would work nice!

There are several other type songs liek that from all titles