Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer

DarkeSword

Damnit :'( but you also said something about emulators and whatnot :)

With ePSXe, you can pop your PS1 discs into your PC, and play it without issue. In fact, you could even use some of the emu traits to make the game looks better. Get a decent controller, and you'd be stylin'. Not only that, but then you could get some of the great Japan-only shmups and games that aren't likely to see the light of day on PSN... like Raiden DX, Gradius Gaiden, and X2 (skip the Euro version, and get the Japanese Capcom version).

With ePSXe, you can pop your PS1 discs into your PC, and play it without issue. In fact, you could even use some of the emu traits to make the game looks better. Get a decent controller, and you'd be stylin'. Not only that, but then you could get some of the great Japan-only shmups and games that aren't likely to see the light of day on PSN... like Raiden DX, Gradius Gaiden, and X2 (skip the Euro version, and get the Japanese Capcom version).

True.. However import prices varies and I don't know.. I'm not interested enough to go through the process of 1. switching to a whole other OS, 2. fumbling with an emulator and gamepad, 3. import the games in question.

For some amazing titles I've already gotten a hold of the PAL releases. Especially PS2 shmups (mostly arcade conversions that didn't make it to US) but some PSX gems too.

Anyway, I see where you're coming from and it DOES give me every shmup avaliable but I'm somewhat of a PAL collector and I have a big enough backlog to afford the wait for online releases or such.

Huh didn't knwo this game had a thread here. My friend got it when it was released and honestly I didn't like it as much. Sure had nice music and was cool seeing a HD shooter but it felt off to me. Dunno how to explain it really. The hard difficulty was a nice welcome. I also thought it was too generic :/ Personally I wish Einhander was out already ><