They Call Me Sonic (Remix)...U Like???

Smooth4Lyfe

Hey Everyone

Im new here, so I hope to and will try to be active as much as I can, but Im also a DJ and LOVE Sonic the Hedgehog!!

This is our remix to the oh so popular song to Sonic The Hedgehog fans "The Call Me Sonic". I think its better than the original. I (DJ Smooth4Lyfe) did the percussions, synths, and arrangement. My friend (Marky B) did the guitars. I kinda thought the vocals were kinda blurry, but Im not sure

What U Think??

Click to Listen

Instrumental Version without Vocals: http://www.zshare.net/audio/42664843c9160d/

Are you planning to submit this remix to Overclocked ReMix? If you are then my next question will become extremely relevant. Is the song "They Call me Sonic" featured in any Sonic the Hedgehog GAMES? Cause it kind of seems like it's random fan-made song or maybe from the cartoon series. If that's the case, you won't be able to submit it. Sorry man.

All that aside, if you ARE able to submit this, there are two basic overall qualities that the judges will look at. Those are the arrangement and the production. One thing that the judges look for is an "interpretation" of the song. In other words you need to take either the melody, harmony, instruments, tempo, or any combination of these things and change them in a way that they sound different yet can still be tied to the original version. This "interpretation" aspect of remixes gets considered as part of the arrangement. Your remix is ALMOST EXACTLY the same as the original and therefore the judges would definitely give you a line like, "There is no arrangement to speak of," and thus wouldn't be able to pass. I suck at production myself, so I can't give you any tips about that. But as you said the vocals are fuzzy. But I do like your idea of making the vocals doubled like that. ^_^

oh wow...thanks for the inspiration :(

Its not a fan made song, it was made for SEGA for Sonic Arcade

yeah it kinda sounds the same but there are big differences and different styles in mine compared to the original, except for the fuzzy voice, I thought it was pretty good.

lol ok so ur right it may not be from an ACTUAL Sonic game, and I thought it was :(

But who cares what do you think of the remix?? besides it sounding the same

Guys? This -is- a song from one of the sonic games. From the original arcade game, if I'm not mistaken. Promotional or whatnot. I heard this song years and years ago, but I can't remember where and all the CD's I had it on are scratched. I think I heard it on teamartail.com, but as it stands, they no longer have it. It was a bunch of songs like that, like 'King Of The Ring' and stuff like that, really old stuff.

edit: whoops! I hadn't completely read the post below and I tried to sound professional and know-it-all. Anyway, smooth is right. It was made for the arcade, though it prolly wasn't actually featured in the game.

I must be blunt with you, that fuzz voice thing sounds awful.

I'm not sure what is fuzz guitar and what is fuzz voice here, but none of them fits the rest of the song, and they sound like they are out of key and slightly out of sync.

The backround arrangement sounds pretty good, but it's a bit difficult to tell because the fuzz stuff keeps on annoying me. The snare sounds a bit cheap though.

Loose the fuzz and work on it from there, that's my best tip.

Actually, I don't think this was from the Sonic arcade game. There was a band, iirc, called "Sonic Arcade" that wrote these songs. The arcade game was called SEGASONIC the Hedgehog, and as far as I played it, there were no vocal tracks like "They Call Me Sonic."

Other Sonic Arcade songs are compiled on a music CD, but as far as I know, they don't include any tracks from the SEGASONIC.

Sorry to burst your bubble. :\

Geez, the source is absolutely horrible and obnoxious. Arrangementwise your version has barely any differences, apart from instrumentation. The guitar tone is ew, it sounds more like a kazoo at some places. I suggest you throw this whole thing out of the window and find a source that's actually featured in one of the games (and doesn't suck =P)