OCR00929 - *YES* Super Hang-On 'Smooth Ride'

Malcos

Well it's been a while since I've sent in a mix, and it's not as busy in here as it was a couple days ago, so I thought now might be a good time.

It's called Super Hang On 'Smooth Ride', and is a remix of the 'Outside a Crisis' track in Super Hang On on the Megadrive. I mean Genesis.

You can find it at http://www.stationmp3.com/malcos

I hate to say it, as I'm a big fan of Malcos...but no. Yeah, the piano, was good (as always). The background strings were good (as always). And the bassline was above par (assssss always). So what the *^$('s the problem?

That was it.

There wasn't anything else. I expected more out of Malcos and I KNOW the man can deliver more. This sounds more like a beta of a song that would EVENTUALLY kick mad ass, but in the meantime it's just too empty. :(

I've always liked Malcos' stuff, and this is no exception. Although it's not as eventful as his other mixes, it is by no means a bad mix. Malcos does tend to have a fairly minimal style from time to time, and through headphones everything sounds well mixed and EQ'd. I'm not going to punish him for not going further with it (although Malcie, it would be great to see you stretch it a bit further in the future ;))

Anyways, YES

-Jive