OCR01751 - *YES* Kirby's Dream Land 2 'Puffball Promenade'

Liontamer

The bitrate is too high, but we can get a re-encode if this passes - LT

OA

Kirby Dream Land 2

Hirokazu Ando · Tadashi Ikegami

Bad Ending Theme

Original:

The original GB version is mixed really crappily, with the counterpoint cranked, and the melody buried. Even so, it's still one of the best songs from the Kirby series. :o

-----------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/gbs/kirbydl2.zip - Track 36

Though some of the sequencing still sounds too rigidly timed, for example right in the intro, you're definitely getting better. Wasn't even a significant issue, unlike the Phoenix Wright mix.

The breakdown from 1:32-1:47 felt a bit aimless due to nothing melodic taking the forefront. Interesting thing, I'd say you made your melodies. Loved the piano writing thrown in from 2:06-2:42, which created some surprisingly good textures with the rock instrumentation. Just a really intelligent, sophisticated arrangement, adding a lot of depth to the original. Very deserving of that DoD gold trophy for last month's Kirby competition.

The artistic growth shown through this and the previous Terranigma submission was impressive. You better be doing your own production, son! YOU BETTER BE! Dare I say it, Andrew, you might very well be coming into your own...

YES

• 2 weeks later...

Great energy. After the little break at 0:20, the way it kicks back is really awesome. The attention to detail in this song is excellent and the individual drum hits give it realism. It adds a ton to the original, which was quite an underdeveloped song if you ask me (I'd NO it :< ). You made it into something.

Your producing is definitely coming along, Andrew. I think the worst I can say is that some of the instruments in this have a slightly unnatural sound, like the acoustic guitar. Other instruments can use a touch more low-end, as the bass frequencies sounded a little empty. But for the most part, things are where they should be, everything is clear, and all is right with the world. Here's your

YES

• 2 months later...

You've definitely evolved the original, great arrangement this one. Fantastic attention to detail, especially in the drums. If only it had been sequenced a bit more lifelike and with a less dirty kit. Still it works like a charm here.

The piano at 0:20 wasn't the most beautiful piano and the delay further boosted the clicky sound, but this is still minor. The acoustic guitar sounds unnatural as Vinnie said, but not enough to be a problem. He also mentioned lack of bass frequencies and I agree.

The rest is all good, life's well, Andrew's improving like hell and here's yet another

YES