OCR02139 - *YES* Final Fantasy 4 'Crazy Old Betty'

Palpable

Hello,

Here is a remix of "Into the Darkness", from the Final Fantasy IV soundtrack.

The link to the track:

Artist name: Sergiu Muresan

Email address: sergiumuresan@gmail.com

Userid: 30297

Game remixed: Final Fantasy IV

Song remixed: Into the Darkness

The track is inspired by the image of an old woman in an asylum...Betty, alone in her room at night, turns on her old radio and images of her glory days pass through her troubled mind. I used Cubase 3, Gigastudio with assorted gig files, Atmosphere and Wavelab 5.

Thank you for your time,

Sergiu

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I would've liked this to sound a little bigger and deviate from the structure more, maybe adding an original section, but this is great stuff. The little carnival additions that come and go in an instant, the neat chord changes (I love what you did at 0:45) - arrangement and production both rock. Your concept works too. This is quite short and probably close to the lower time limit of an effective arrangement, but you did a lot in the short span.

YES

Can't agree with Vinnie more. Love what you've done with the source here, despite that it is very conservative melody-wise. All the little details add so much to this, it was a great listen. Some expansion on the melody would have made it that much better, so hopefully we can see more of that in the future.

Production is very good. My only qualm is how quiet the beginning is. I know what you were going for, but the track is barely audible at the beginning.

YES