OCR02387 - *YES* Ufouria 'Above the Clouds' *RESUB*

Liontamer

Original Decision: http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32717

Hi,

Attached is a resub of my Ufouria remix, titled "Above the Clouds." I've made a ton of additions and changes since it was rejected back in early May, and I feel like it's a much better, fuller song now, without sacrificing the floaty feel I was going for. I'd list all the changes, but I don't want to spoil everything. They should be pretty self-evident when compared to the original sub.

Below you'll find the original submission email, for reference.

Thanks,

Josh Freund (Drakken)

------------------------------

The sequencing/timing was still a little stiff, but clearly improved. The strings at :32 sounded somewhat pasted on top of the soundscape; once could argue that for much of the new part-writing introduced here, but I thought it was solid enough.

I still thought this did a great job adding some more personalized writing ideas to the arrangement, giving it a bit more character and substance, while not disturbing the overall mood of the previous version. And with some of the left-hand writing spiced up and the timing not sounding as robotic, I really thought this clicked that much better.

Very glad you were willing to take another shot at this one Josh, you really did a good job of better realizing the potential here. Nice.

YES

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice resub here man. I've heard quite a few versions of this track now - first on the workshop forums, last sub, and now - and it's been steadily improving throughout.

Liked the little extra touches you added, like the occasional rimshot thrown in. Sounds like balance is improved here and left-hand writing is better.

Way to stick with it :)

YES

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a mail from Josh today with a further revised version thanks to feedback from Level 99.

-------------

Improved EQ version of "Above the Clouds" (Ufouria remix)

Hi Larry,

Attached is the final version of my "Above the Clouds" remix. I tried to implement the EQ changes Stevo suggested in the WIP thread, and as a result we both feel the song is now fuller and clearer. Apologies for taking so long, but I wanted to hear back from Stevo and get confirmation on the improvements before sending it to you.

Thanks!

-Josh Freund (Drakken)

PS I know it's not "official" yet, but I'm thrilled to see my song in the To Be Posted queue. :D