OCR02529 - *YES* Halo 3 'In Memoriam'

OceansAndrew

Brandon Strader

www.bstrader.net

Game: Halo 3

Songs: Never Forget, Finish The Fight, Halo

Sources:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyDZscyf8lU (Never Forget)

(Finish The Fight at 1'18 usage)

(I assume this one is called Halo, dunno.)

Title: In Memoriam

Music video:

Another DoD entry. <_< Got 2nd place in October free month. I enjoy subbing dodtunes to OCR. OCR needs more DoD'ers to doddle over here and sub their tunes.

I had planned to make a Halo 3 remix for months. I think as far back as mid-June 2011. At the time, I asked on facebook whether I should make it acoustic (like Ethnic Rush style) or metal. David Puga aka The Joker came on and said "metal!" so that was that. You can imagine this same arrangement with acoustic guitar and ethnic drums, it probably would have worked out pretty great either way I think.

So this was another arrangement I was playing the parts of and arranging in my head months before I recorded it, the actual recording probably only took a couple days as usual.. I really like how the "Halo" choir theme sounds totally Opeth-ian at 1:55 of the remix. "Never Forget" was the source I really wanted to arrange, the others are just the icing on the cake. The climax at 2:59 came out better than I ever could have expected. It's so darn epic. I really like it and I hope y'all do too.

There were comments made between Dod and Workshop that the strings + slide guitar were "stiff" or mechanical. I tried to fix that as well as possible on the strings, I didn't touch the steel slide guitar. It was played as intended. :-)

• 2 months later...

Plenty of good stuff going on here. The arrangement is solid, and you picked some fantastic sources to work with anyways. I'd say your strings are still feeling stiff, and the same applies to the guitar (especially the ascending runs at the beginning where it is super noticeable). I don't think either issue is enough to warrant a no in any aspect, but I'd love to hear you finesse more humanization out of your parts in the future.

YES

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...