Final Fantasy XV - Apocalypsis Noctis ~ Epic Orchestral Cover

Alex Moukala

Hey all!
I just finished a Final Fantasy XV I made in a trailer-ish orchestral style with FL Studio.

Do you think this could work for OCR? Or is it too similar to the original??
Also, would love to hear what you guys think are the things I could've done better, if you have the time for some open feedback/criticism!

Link to the remix:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUPrIpSGsgc

Link to the original:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgCJel3WLkg

• 1 month later...

Epic stuff. :D

eval:

It seems to hit all the high points at the same timestamps. Probably too conservative. Too much of a cover for what ocr sees as a ReMix. 

Soundwise, the only thing that really bothers me is the rather synthetic bass drop, that doesn't fit the orchestral sound. Nothing else stands out. And that might be a problem. It might need a more clear lead, a more clear mixing, as the whole thing sometimes sounds like a big orchestral mess, more so than the original. 1:46 is a good example of this. This is either solved in the arrangement or in the mixing. Unless you want that less hierarchic ensemble sound.

I wouldn't bother submitting this, it's just too similar to the original. It's a really cool cover, and you've clearly got the technical chops for this stuff. Looking forward to hearing a ReMix from you at some point.

• 1 month later...
On 28/11/2016 at 1:39 AM, Rozovian said:

Epic stuff. :D

eval:

It seems to hit all the high points at the same timestamps. Probably too conservative. Too much of a cover for what ocr sees as a ReMix. 

Soundwise, the only thing that really bothers me is the rather synthetic bass drop, that doesn't fit the orchestral sound. Nothing else stands out. And that might be a problem. It might need a more clear lead, a more clear mixing, as the whole thing sometimes sounds like a big orchestral mess, more so than the original. 1:46 is a good example of this. This is either solved in the arrangement or in the mixing. Unless you want that less hierarchic ensemble sound.

I wouldn't bother submitting this, it's just too similar to the original. It's a really cool cover, and you've clearly got the technical chops for this stuff. Looking forward to hearing a ReMix from you at some point.

Got it, thanks for the eval! :)
(And sorry for the late answer)