Old 12-22-2005, 07:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to Sun_Quan
Man, I thought I would get sick of this song after about a year or so, but I was wrong, I had to format my hard-drive and reinstall Windows XP on this thing again, but when I got everything up to par again, one of the first things I did was redownload this song. I didn't realize how much I missed it until the intro kicked in. Yes guys, this kicks just as much ass as it did back when I first discovered it.

It truly is an amazing tribute to LifeForce, and it brought back so many memories of the game, and the eerie feel of Stage 6's soundtrack. I think I described my feelings on how powerful it was last year, but man, the intro STILL sends shivers up my spine, if that isn't a testament to this piece of music's timeless pleasure, I do not know what is. Believe me folks, even if you are not Life Force fans, I still recommend checking this song out.
"The character of a man is judged not by how he acts when he is on top. It's by how he picks himself up when he is knocked down!" - Eddie Guerrero, May he Rest in Peace, and be Wrestling up in the Big Ring in the Sky
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to FretFull Send a message via MSN to FretFull
Never played or heard of Lifeforce in my puff, but that's the only thing about this mix that brings me down.

If I had, I'm sure I'd be naming my first two children Midee and Prozax.

Awesome.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:23 PM

I can tell a ton of work was put into this piece, and it really shows. It sounds amazing. I like the way it's mostly rock but with some techno elements as well. Normally I'd be able to find something to complain about, but I've listened to this too many times to want to change anything about it.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Banned
Goomba (+100)

LOVE pieces in 6/8

A lot of older Konami games seem to have some of that going for them don't they.

Hearing this in hard guitar makes me recall the DDR remix of Gradius 2's "Burning Heat"

WELL done fellas, keep up the good work.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:34 AM
Anthony Nemer

What a high!

That's funny, Im posting a review on this remix a bit more than 4 years after I downloaded it
I think its one of the best remixes I've heard since I discovered this site in 2000.
Its just too good, really rich and of course when you break and start the boss theme...incredible, what a high!
Made me wanna replay Lifeforce and finish Gradius V
Thank you for that masterpiece!
Cheeeeeeeeeeers!
Old 01-02-2009, 01:02 AM

Since I loved Prozax's work on "Clamato Fever", I decided to check out his other mixes and I found this gem! This song just makes me feel good for some reason; I can sense a lot of effort put into here.
Well I can't be all that analytical, all I can say is that this song rocks- nice work guys! (Maybe I'll take a peek at some of Midee's Mixes and find another keeper!)
Old 04-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Andrew Luers, Judge, Unsung Heroes Director
Big Boss (+6000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Pretty great stuff, varied and interesting, nice playing, and good production. I wasn't familiar with the specific source track, but it had a distinct Life Force feel to it. Great solo as well. Really enjoying this one.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:29 AM
Bad Dude (+500)

Pow-AH!
Deafening, brain-punching Pow-AH!
An almost frustrating level of awesome. It's so good I went through various emotional phases throughout the track until finally settling on a focused resentment for midee and prozax. At first I thought they combined their talents to share good music to the world, but with this mix I'm convinced that their main goal was to demonstrate how many times more awesome they are than me.W hich is something I don't dare to even dispute.
This mix kicks ass and doesn't even bother taking names. It's too cool for names.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Goomba (+100)

Exhilarating, jubilant… yet the job is not quite done. More ass needs to be kicked.

The variety of ways this is expressed is quite amazing. It maintains that mood throughout, but does so in so many ways it doesn't get at all repetitive.

This is my second-most-listened-to track, and I do not restrict that to remixes.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Luke
Big Boss (+6000)

So the last time I posted in this thread was 8 years ago. Weird. Timewarp.

This is still one of the only rock songs on the site I can get in to. Just not much of a 'rock' guy, but for some reason this does it for me.

Tags
collab, electric-guitar, live-recording, rock, synth