Old 04-15-2012, 06:45 PM
William Attaway
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neblix View Post
http://www.image-line.com/documents/...eeupdates.html
You can get your regkey from your My Account page.

No, this isn't a new thing. It's been there for years. That's why it's undeniably the best deal in music software. Cubase, Pro Tools, Reason, etc. all cost money ($200-300 per version) to upgrade. ("best deal" meaning most content for your buck)
Awesome, thanks for telling me about this. Now I have the FL 10 fruity edition on my new laptop and I didn't even have to buy it. I'm probably more excited about this than I should be, but I guess it doesn't really matter.

Please join us the next two weeks supporting our sponsor, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call™!!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Andreas Kotsamanidis, Project Chaos Co-Director
Luigi (+2000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Don't over think things too much. Take five of the songs you like most (maybe like 3 vg songs and 2 pop/rock songs) and learn them. What that means is to study what makes these songs sound the way they do from a musical point of view (as you study theory). That will help you understand the key concepts like rhythm, structure and harmony. It's not going to be easy and it'll frustrate you a lot so it's also a good test to see how serious you really are about music. Or you can just go the typical OCR route and not know music at all lol.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:32 AM

I don't know if you already got started with something else since I'm a little late, and I can't say anything for the free programs, but I have the Acoustica Musician's Bundle. It comes with Mixcraft and Beatcraft and it's pretty awesome if you are willing to put the time into it to take advantage of all optimization. I picked it up on Amazon for 69 with an Amazon online coupon deal.

Just my experience. I would add, don't expect things to be easy right away, but definitely some great music theory advice given. Good luck!