Installing EastWest on Windows 7?

I didn't know this belonged in Workshop or Help, and I'd prefer a answer sooner than later because I have all day today set aside to install all of it, and which can't be said for later.

But, of course, it couldn't just be simple and work like it's supposed to. I started working on installing my Complete Composer's Collection with EWQLSO to install on my Windows 7 64-bit system (I tried to update my PLAY to 1.2.5, but I think it said I don't need to and therefore did not). I put the first disc of EWQLSO in and installed new drivers so the dongle would work - ok.

Now what do I do?

It did not ask me to set in the next discs, and putting the discs in anyway didn't help. I opened my empty EWQLSO program and there wasn't anything on there. I don't know what I'm supposed to do here.

EDIT: Ok, I did get it to PLAY version 1.2.5, but I'm still not sure what to do.

EDIT 2: Well, I guess I just drag and drop the files onto the computer, but it tells me some random number.key license terms could not be found and therefore will not load the .ewi. Also, FL Studio 9 won't find it and all I can do is load it as a standalone (barely)

The z3ta plugin worked just fine and it was discontinued like a year after I bought it. If anything you should be afraid of, its tech support, not compatibility. Support tickets are fucking stupid and sound companies are the worst I've ever seen.

I'll have to just wait until tomorrow for live tech support since I can't seem to get any decent help elsewhere.

The z3ta plugin worked just fine and it was discontinued like a year after I bought it. If anything you should be afraid of, its tech support, not compatibility. Support tickets are fucking stupid and sound companies are the worst I've ever seen.

I'll have to just wait until tomorrow for live tech support since I can't seem to get any decent help elsewhere.

Could it be that their tech support isn't trained to help with Windows 7 yet? You'd figure they'd be ready for something like that.

Well, of course, they would be. The problem is getting a hold of them and being able to pinpoint the specific problems that require the specific solution. So much of it is wildly disorganized (or at least appears that way to a frustrated paying customer) and I respect their right to come up with ways that are more efficient for their staff to handle so they aren't bogged down with spammers and idiots.

But really now; why do I have to go through 30 minutes of creating an account, fighting with login and passwords and bizarre arbitrary questions before I find out, at the bottom of the page, that they DO have FAQs for Windows 7 users that fix some of the problems but still don't address mine specifically?

I apologize for my frustrated tone, but this happens every fucking time. It's like an RPG where every step is a random encounter. What should just take a few hours ends up taking a fucking week. It's ridiculous and its not what I paid $1,000 for.

Well, after still some playing around, I was able to get it to make some sound. I guess it needed the Silver authentication (would've been nice if the warning windows would've told me that instead of saying something confusing) and I guess maybe the stuff I'm still missing is on the other discs. I don't have time to look now, but that could be why I'm missing so many things.

I still don't see why it had to be that complicated. Put all the install stuff on the first disc THEN put the libaries on the rest. Whatever. Problem averted for now.

Possibly a dumb question for me to ask, I know, but you're positive you told it to actually install the libraries, right? (As opposed to only the PLAY Engine and the iLok drivers.) If you haven't already tried this, run the installer again, choose custom installation, and make sure the library in question is checked for installation in the Select Features step.

Finally got it working. What an obnoxious setup.

And thats my half-assed segue into a MIDI question. Has anything else had trouble getting MIDI Out in FL Studio 9 to correspond with EWQLSO? I got a violin and a harpsichord loaded, I turn the Channel under MIDI Port to 1 and neither the Channel or Port in FL's MIDI Out will play anything.

I've flipped and switched about every thing I can try and I can't figure out why its not working out.

Finally got it working. What an obnoxious setup.

And thats my half-assed segue into a MIDI question. Has anything else had trouble getting MIDI Out in FL Studio 9 to correspond with EWQLSO? I got a violin and a harpsichord loaded, I turn the Channel under MIDI Port to 1 and neither the Channel or Port in FL's MIDI Out will play anything.

I've flipped and switched about every thing I can try and I can't figure out why its not working out.

It sounds like you got everything covered. EWQLSO MIDI port to 0 (or 1 if that's what you use) then add MIDI Outs for each instrument and set the port on those and then set the channel for the instruments.

It should be just that simple. But I'm on the Kompakt version so I dunno about the PLAY one.

are you setting the midi in for the EWQL driver to 1, as well? there's a gear near the top left that allows you to see plugin settings. set the 'in' port to the same as the midi out port and you'll have it work fine. same as pretty much every plugin ever.

i'm surprised that you've never had an install like this before. most of my big libraries - colossus and omnisphere included - installed like this, if i remember correctly.