*NO* Donkey Kong Country 'Kremcrok Recharged'

djpretzel

Email sub file Kremcrok Recharged.MP3

Hello, I'm Mark, and I'd like to know what you think of my remix. I originally found your site about a year ago, and was really impressed with the talent featured there. So recently, I decided to give remixing a try. Please give my remix a chance. It's my first time remixing, and I would love to become a part of the growing community of OC Remix. I decided to remix the old factory tune from Donkey Kong Country. I always wanted to hear it as a hard techno song, and that's what you get in this remix.

I apologize that the tags on the MP3 file are not complete. I did not have a program that could edit all of the mentioned tags. I did as best as I could do.

Contact Info

---------------------------------------------

Name: Evolus

E-Mail: starsinger3000@yahoo.com

Remix Info

---------------------------------------------

Name of Game: Donkey Kong Country

Name of Remixed Song: Fear Factory

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=dkc - "Fear Factory" (dkc-20.spc)

Straight up MIDI quality and beginner-ish. Hardly any meaningful arrangement beyond the boom-tss genre adaptation. This is not even "hard" techno. I dunno how you could follow the site for a year, then send this in and somehow feel the quality was comparable. This would be more at home at VGMusic.com.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Ummmmmm.

A few things.

The arrangement is non-existent. Putting the melody over a 4 on the floor beat with a "B" section or two is not enough, but your production also needs a GREAT deal of work.

Experiment with the concept of reverb. The absence of any kind of reverb leaves your samples sounding dry and unsustained....basically just bad.

To abbreviate a decision that was once passed down on a mix of mine, way back in 2002: good effort, but you need to be able to do more than open your software correctly and come up with 62 measures of cut and pasted material.

Learn the basics of production: mixing, effects, eqing, etc

Work on your abilities as an arranger, and go back to the drawing board.

NO OVERRIDE

Yeah, sorry bro, but this is too straight up a take on the original. There's very little personal ideas brought to the table here. I do like the rhythm changes, but the whole concept needs quite an overhaul in terms of the structure of the composition, the harmonic/melodic additions. Drum and bass line is way too simple as well. Production values, especially for an electronica mix are very basic. No attention paid to synth design, automation, effects processing makes for a bland synth/boom-tss mix.

The end result is a "beginner-ish" submission. It's actually quite good for a first submission, but really, this is a very long ways off from something that would pass OCR at this stage.

I highly recommend you visit our WIP and Completed forum to get forum goer feedback before/more personal experience before submitting next time.

NO/Override