[SZRC] High Aventure (Wing Fortress & Bingo Highway)

Chernabogue

Sources

Wing Fortress (S2):

Bingo Highway (Heroes):

Remix

V1 (from SZRC): http://www.mediafire.com/listen/2txcya2ix12wg6h/Chernabogue_-_High_Adventure_(Wing_Fortress_&_Bingo_Highway).wav

V2 (Feb. 19): http://www.mediafire.com/listen/dbjlurgv7w8158u/SZRC-WingVsBingo.mp3

Edited by Chernabogue

Holy crap, I'd be pissed to get Bingo Highway as the other source---no offense if it was your source, but wow, it's just fast trance with insanely dissonant chip sounds. xD

As for the actual remix, I'm finding the strings to be a little weak on the sequencing side. On one hand, they're falling behind the rhythm, and on the other, the notes that were meant to be emphasized for the action aesthetic seem relatively close in intensity to the other notes. i.e. The velocities are relatively flat at times. Also, there's definitely some overcompression throughout caused by the cinematic percussion.

The arrangement is ambitious, and it's pretty cool. I do hear the sources, so I don't think this is too liberal. I hope to see this polished up! :)

Holy crap, I'd be pissed to get Bingo Highway as the other source---no offense if it was your source, but wow, it's just fast trance with insanely dissonant chip sounds. xD

I actually selected "Wing Fortress", so yeah, seeing "Bingo Highway" round 1 was really depressing.

Thanks for the feedback. The percussion was the main issue with lots of people, so I'll try to get it right.

I'm hearing a lot of fluttering from compression, makes everything sound squeezed to death. I've noticed this on other of your tracks in the past. A decent limiter on the master bus shouldn't do that, unless you push it way too far.

I always have problems between volume and compression. Either it is too compressed, or else, the volume is too low. I think I indeed push the limiter too hard.

I don't hear that much overcompression anymore! :) Now, it may just come off as my opinion, but I think the brass is several steps up above the strings in terms of sequencing realism. It may help to layer spiccato on top of staccato or some other layering combination to get those short string notes stronger (I'd rather not suggest compressing them for loudness). :D

I don't hear that much overcompression anymore! :) Now, it may just come off as my opinion, but I think the brass is several steps up above the strings in terms of sequencing realism. It may help to layer spiccato on top of staccato or some other layering combination to get those short string notes stronger (I'd rather not suggest compressing them for loudness). :D

Not a bad idea, I'll work on the strings and submit the new version to the Judges. Thanks everyone, and especially Tim! :)