Breath of Fire Remix...attempt 4 trance style :3

HoboKa

This is more electro-house than trance, but in my book, electro-house beats trance :D

I love the dramatic orchestral flourish as an intro and does a great job blending into the beats and bass later on. It reminds me of Disgaea. But the electro-ish snare is way too loud. Over-compressed maybe? At its current volume the snare is very distracting with the constant hit at the 2 and 4 of each measure.

The other instruments fill in the soundscape well and I don't hear any problems with them. This is off to a good start!

ah yeah I am genre-challenged so trance was the closest I could think lol.

I'll see what I can do about that snare - I'm actually using 2 separate samples, one on the 2nd and 4th beat and another only on the 4th. I've got more coming...I'm trying to lengthen it without making it lose its focus, a major problem of mine. THEN I gotta think of a good counter-melody, ug x_x.

sup dude :)

I like the direction so far. The 2 different snares works IMO. Lol that scream made me laugh. i dunno if you should keep it or not. i liked it but its kinda distracting. So far i think its getting to a strong piece.

Now that i think about the intro, i like the transition a lot. I would keep that timpani beat for a couple more notes to help transition to that techno beat.

good work :)

Yeah I'm tweaking the timpani thing n stuff...got rid of that scream it is far too stupid for what I'm doing...I am having CHIPP Damage do a rap skit for the song though, it's gonna be a weird transition into it...because I'll probably have to slow down the beat for his skit, dunno yet. You'll laugh trust me :D...but yeah no scream cuz that's too silly.

Even bigger update...the 2nd half gets pretty cluttered though, gotta figure out which sounds I want the most for next update ><

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/ulez/Breath-of-Fire2_JadedByDeath4_V2_biatch

Actually here's yet another version lol

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/vlvi/Barf_of_Fire2_is-this-better I think this is less cluttered

Link me to the source track and I could probably make some comments for you.

By the way, you wanted a rap done for this song back when it sounded completely different and had some odd time changes and stuff. Well, I got it for you, but since you changed up the entire format of the song you're definitely gonna have to do some slicing and dicing and time stretching to make it fit your new version.

I tried my best to make lyrics about a game I have never played. I hope it's not too cheesy. ^_^

Oh, who am I kidding? It's freaking cheesy. Hahaha.

Link me to the source track and I could probably make some comments for you.

By the way, you wanted a rap done for this song back when it sounded completely different and had some odd time changes and stuff. Well, I got it for you, but since you changed up the entire format of the song you're definitely gonna have to do some slicing and dicing and time stretching to make it fit your new version.

I tried my best to make lyrics about a game I have never played. I hope it's not too cheesy. ^_^

Oh, who am I kidding? It's freaking cheesy. Hahaha.

Well, the lyrics I made u sing ARE cheesy so it's inevitable :), yeah I dunno wut I'm gonna do actually, I've been told by another remixer that this song lacks dynamics and a melody anyways...soooo I'll probably revamp it...OR just tweak my older BoFII song to fit in your lyrics ;), as for the midi you can find it at vgmusic.com or even on this site.

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/pykn/Breath_of_Fire_2_CHIPP_rap_bitch

Yeah this is the older ver. with some updated samples n stuff - as well as CHIPP Damage's rap skit ;-), he's an awesome retro-ish rapper.

Just to let you boys n girls know though, is that this wip lacks direction not entirely, but pretty badly. I'm thinking of making this a joke song...sorry CHIPP, I'll submit it at OLR as well if it's any consolation :P

Bass drum and snare could use some more work, hobo, but this is pretty neat. Not in a serious way, but enough. Square wave coming in later kills any chance of this being taken seriously, which only makes it easier to enjoy it as a non-serious piece. But the bass drum and snare need work. And it cuts off too soon.

CHIPP, nice work. I got no criticisms... partly because you weren't loud enough, but that's hobo's fault. :D

CHIPP, nice work. I got no criticisms... partly because you weren't loud enough, but that's hobo's fault. :D

LOL screw u Ro :P, you try balancing like 30 other tracks at once on that part with vocals...it's the first time I've ever tried to synchronize a voice with a song. :P, anyways I'll get to fixing that shit...eventually.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/onjp/Breath-of-Fire2_DanceEvan_ver.2mp3

OKAY back to the original wip that I had intended for this thread. Improvement? De-improvement? Smelliness? What do you guys think?

BTW it's a wip, so the ending is not complete nor is it actually an ending, but grounds for an upbeat finale type thingy. I'll vary up the drums for that section more, don't worry ;-)