Rayman Remix Album - would you be interested?

Flexstyle

Well, I've decided I'm going to at least attempt to remix a couple Rayman songs. I've already started on a trance remix of Betilla the Fairy's theme, and I think it's going to be my "next big release" (as opposed to an original song or something lol).

I'd like to hear it. Rayman was the first game I really played on P.C. (or figured out how to run a DOS game).

I do agree, there's lots of projects going on, heck, the Kirby Milky Way Wishes project has been going on for over a year! I do remember a Banjo Kazooie remix project, but it fell through. Not to mention the Star Fox project, and others...

But I've never even submitted a song, cause I have no talent. So I guess I should just butt out...

So it's not a matter of not having enough people, it's that the poeple involved are too lazy.

Thats true for some projects and not others. Be very careful about insinuating that any supposed lack of voluntary contributions made to projects that most co-ordinators put lots of effort into are attributed to laziness. People have lives to run and jobs to go to.

And yes, the lack of active established ReMixers IS the reason newer projects lack interest. Every now and then something really interesting comes along that everyone wants to take part in, but you have to be compelling enough to rope the big names away from their duties to perform on your behalf. A picnic ain't it?

Agreed. Maybe instead of a full-fledged project, we just need to convince some people to do Rayman mixes independently -- there currently aren't any on OCR. Or maybe I'll just do one if I can find the time.

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14364

Make your requests here in a couple weeks.

Yeah, but: who is Flexstyle?

Seriously, if you're gonna run a project, don't be a newbie. People have to know who you are and know that you're capable of running a project. You need some notoriety and/or clout.

I think I told the same thing to Mewtation at MAGFest re: Golden Sun projects. I mean, I've been around for quite a while, failed at a remix submission, working on a project at the moment, and have some shitty originals sitting around. I don't feel that I'm qualified to take on a project.

One of the best things to do if you REALLY want to see some tracks remixed from a game is post in the requests forum, or find something like the Freshly Baked Challenge, where you can request song(s) to be remixed.

It has already been said a couple times, but there are too many projects right now.

A few projects (Pokemon, Tales) do seem close to finishing.

Doom 2, Seiken Densetsu 3, Pokemon, Super Mario 64, Dragon Warrior, Tales Series, Crescendo to Chaos, MegaMan 4, Dirge for the Follin, Super Dodge Ball, Kirby Super Star... All of these projects are currently in the Projects forum. We either need to finish these projects, or purge the dead ones. Along with those projects, people are working on individual mixes, working on original music and albums, working jobs, working through school, and general life commitments.

Maybe keep this on the back burner for a while.

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3232

This is what happens to "Back burner projects"

As far as I'm concerned, we could have a million projects running; the thing that keeps them from gaining traction at OCR is not enough good talent able to provide enough free time for them. But I actually appreciate anyone - vet or n00b - throwing ideas out there regardless. Nothing stopping us from going out on our own with a project if we can't drum up enough interest here (ask Brad the Prophet about Tetrisphere). I'm officially interested in 90% of the projects out there now, but my lack of time is keeping me from any real participation. (My official status: in on a DKC2 project, in for two tracks on Follin, collabs with djp and zircon, about to beat all of you to death with my OWN project: Yuzo Koshiro in 4 volumes! :twisted:) Rayman is no exception, but I agree about getting a good rep here first. I'm sorry I missed out on Project Chaos. The least one can do, I suppose, is call dibs on a concept and hope everyone honors it until you're seriously ready to go. Yes, there is a selfish motive behind that last sentence... NOBODY TOUCH YUZO.

• 4 weeks later...

Dude, you joined three days after me. 'Sup?

I haven't played this game in years, but I do recall it had catchy music. I would help if such a project were started, but there are enough going already and you do need some clout to start one.

I feel sorry about the Zelda project...that game had an excellent soundtrack. (Actually, that was about the only reason I finished playing it. That and the magic rod which made things go asplody.)

Incidentally - and perhaps I should ask this in a new thread eventually, instead of dropping it into this one - what do people think of a Spyro project?