Guitar Hero 3 PC song charts?

I Like Pie

Hey, I havent posted here in a while, but I recently found a program on scorehero.com that can hack the PC version of Guitar Hero 3 to add your own song charts (completely violating you EULA :P). Unfortuntely, you cant just convert the song, you have to build a "chart" (the little colored bubble things that symbolize notes in the game) using a program like FeedBack (also on Scorehero).

My goal here I guess is to see if anyone ese besides the remixers want to play songs like MaliciosFingers and Live at the Sandopolis, except on guitar hero instead of real instruments, since I'm pretty sure they're never going to be on a commercial game release, uless a godawfull ammount of people cry out for OCR songs on Guitar hero.

if anyone shows interest I'll start posting links I guess (unless thats against the rules, I havent re-read them yet ;)

Whoa, I didn't know they ported it to PC. Well, this solves my non-360-owning problem...

No it doesn't actually, since a friend of mine who bought it couldn't get it to run smoothly on his monster of a PC. The minimum specs are higher then you'd think and they half-assed the port which rendered it pretty much unplayable despite the fact that his computer should have chewed it up and spit it out.

Well, that's...discouraging. Guess I'll have to go with the traditional GHII custom song route then. :/

ya it ran really slow on my comp but mine's like 4 years old or something. It looks like with a good processor and graphics card it would run fine, especially if you tone down the graphics in game.

either way I still want to have a place here to post charts and mids for OCR songs since no one on ScoreHero has them or has heard of them and I havent been able to find charts/mids anywhere else. I mean, I dont care if they're Frets on Fire charts, you can still port those over to guitar hero with the right tool.

ya it ran really slow on my comp but mine's like 4 years old or something. It looks like with a good processor and graphics card it would run fine, especially if you tone down the graphics in game.

either way I still want to have a place here to post charts and mids for OCR songs since no one on ScoreHero has them or has heard of them and I havent been able to find charts/mids anywhere else. I mean, I dont care if they're Frets on Fire charts, you can still port those over to guitar hero with the right tool.

minimum

* Operating System: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista

* CPU Processor: Intel Pentium D (Dual Core) 2.8GHZ or AMD Athlon 64 3500+

* Memory: XP - 1 GB RAM, Vista – 2GB RAM

* Hard Disk Space: 5.1 GB + 1GB Swap File

* Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

* Video Card: 3D Hardware Accelerator Card Required – 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 128 MB Video Memory

* Video Card (ATI): Radeon X800

* Video Card (Nvidia): Geforce 7600

* Media Required: 4X DVD-ROM drive

* Windows XP/Vista compatible mouse and keyboard with latest drivers

* Guitar Hero 3 Official PC Guitar Controller

recommended

* Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHZ or AMD Athlon Dual Core 4400+

* 256 MB 3D Hardware Accelerator Card

* Video Card (ATI): Radeon HD 2600

* Video Card (Nvidia): Geforce 8800 GT

* 2 GB RAM

aka to make the game actually work you need an 8800gt

lulz

ok you're missing the point, regardless of whether or not you or anyone else can run GH3 for PC I'm trying to get people to post charts they've made for OCR songs. either way you look at it you can use the charts to mod Frets on Fire or you can just mod your old GH2 game with custom songs using them, though its a lot more complicated.

or is everyone just going to tell me no one can run GH3 on their PC and ignore the real purpose of this thread?

being that ive never met a single person that plays it for pc i am willing to bet no one gives a crap

if someones gonna get an 8800gt theyre gonna play stuff like crysis not gh3

I has an 8800GT. I has nots played Crysis. I lieks Guitar Hero. I is now interested in GH3 for PC.

GH3 PC doesn't run well, but there are tools available to help it a bit. I use a tool that makes the background completely black. Since I never look at it anyway, why bother rendering all of it?

Plus, the charts made in the scorehero community are designed for GH2 until GH3 hacks progress a little bit more. Almost all custom charts can be and are supposed to be used for GH2, it just so happens that importing them into GH3 PC instead of burning a DVD is a lot easier.

Anyway. I've made a couple charts. Ailsean's FF6 "Terra in Black" and N-Jekted's Doom "Purgatory"

The former is a little messed up due to being a GH2 chart in the GH3 engine (usually it's not a problem, but sometimes it gets picky). The sustains are a little too short and the hammer-ons are wrong in some places. The latter is an out of date video, but it's the only one I have. Also, please ignore YouTube's inherent audio/video desynchronization...

My crowning achievement is virt's Super Metroid "Crystal Flash," which technically isn't an OC Remix, I suppose. That's here (split because of length). This one is also an outdated video; I've made a lot of changes/improvements since then:

Part 1: http://ie.you tube.com/watch?v=yO1NFvL4dhw

Part 2: http://ie.you tube.com/watch?v=qcqRM_G1Fj8

Part 3: http://ie.you tube.com/watch?v=CaL18H7naow

Remove the space in "youtube" in the links. I don't want to imbed too many in one post.

OK that's what I was talking about. All I was asking is for people to post OCR songs for Custom guitar hero games including guitar hero 3 PC and GH2, I just picked the GH3 PC because I dont own a PS2 or GH2.

besides if we're patient enough there will be hacks for GH3 that work such as GH3 charts and tools that make it esier t run (like the black BG in the post above)

Thanks to Inimtable for getting it and posting videos for his OCR songs. You wouldnt happen to have the charts and corresponding audio files for that would you? not that I or anyone else can play them, but that was kind of my plan from the beginning was to have basically a compilation of OCR songs for Guitar Hero style games.

*EDIT where did you get that black BG thing? I wanna try it on my game.

cool, I'm trying to make some charts for a few OCR sogs, but I dont have a lot on time on me hands so it'll be a while coming, my first will probably be Airbased from MMX1 but I wanna make one for Live at the Sandopolis, MaliciousFingers and Club Del Toro eventually. (along with some oher non-OCR songs :P)

Thanks to Inimtable for getting it and posting videos for his OCR songs. You wouldnt happen to have the charts and corresponding audio files for that would you? not that I or anyone else can play them, but that was kind of my plan from the beginning was to have basically a compilation of OCR songs for Guitar Hero style games.

Of course I do, I created them. However, I'm a bit against the idea of distributing them outside of ScoreHero for a number of reasons. First being that I created these charts for my own enjoyment and to give back to the SH community.

Second, there's a ton of information people need to understand before they can put these custom charts to good use (less so for GH3 PC, but there's still reading and comprehension involved). To create a list here would be doing them a disservice, as most people would have no access to the necessary tools or information.

Perhaps a better solution is to create a list of all available OCR charts, provide videos, etc, and instead link to ScoreHero's main tutorial thread so they can learn properly how to use these custom charts. After they know that, obtaining the charts is very easy and obtaining the MP3s is even easier. :-)

where did you get that black BG thing? I wanna try it on my game.
Check out this ScoreHero thread.
Seems to be off to me after it progresses into the song. Like the main beat eventually hits the offbeat and then corrects itself and so on.

I assure you, that's just YouTube being awful. In-game the chart is flawlessly synced; the tools available to make custom charts allow the creators to be accurate to the thousandth of a second if they're willing to dedicate the time to making it correct.

Oh! And Live at Sandopolis was already created by the talented HellAshes, so maybe don't get too attached:

Oh! And Live at Sandopolis was already created by the talented HellAshes, so maybe don't get too attached:

I just found that on SH lol. they also have MaliciousFingers and Acid Rain (not an OCR but worth mentioning) but no video for it.

I like your list or OCR songs on SH idea, my whole thing was just to get a list going somewhere of these things so people here who play GH could have another way of enjoying these remixes besides putting them on their ipods and listening when they're bored at school. ( I don't know if that's common, but you get the idea right?)

btw good chart for sandopolis, I like how he put the high notes on the green and low on orange. so many people do it the other way around and it bugs me because the game designers do it the way HellAshes did.

btw good chart for sandopolis, I like how he put the high notes on the green and low on orange. so many people do it the other way around and it bugs me because the game designers do it the way HellAshes did.

lolwut?

I don't know if you're got some crazy lefty-flip going on in your head, but the original games have low notes on green and high on orange... And so does this chart. And every other chart.

I assure you, that's just YouTube being awful. In-game the chart is flawlessly synced; the tools available to make custom charts allow the creators to be accurate to the thousandth of a second if they're willing to dedicate the time to making it correct.

Ah, that's what I suspected. I might actually go get the game...I think I read somewhere that you actually get an X-Box 360 controller with the PC version. Is that true?

EDIT: Nevermind, I google'd it myself and it seems to be true

lolwut?

I don't know if you're got some crazy lefty-flip going on in your head, but the original games have low notes on green and high on orange... And so does this chart. And every other chart.

hmm it sure sounds like it on sandopolis. Whatev, its still a good chart no matter what the voices tell me :P

btw I've never seen FoF plyed before but damn does it drive my OCD crazy.