Kingdom Hearts - Dearly Beloved (Trance Remix)

Dash Myoku

Hosts: I've heard Mediafire.com, Sendspace.com, and Tindeck.com are good hosts. My personal favourite from a reviewer POV is tindeck.

Anyway, lead (bell-like) is too loud and drums too soft. it's really thick, this WiP,work with levels and EQ to separate stuff and get it more balanced. And more volume to the drums, I wasn't even hearing them some of the time.

Intro is a bit long, but it could just be that there's not enough fade time on the piano. It might need (okay, typing is slow with newgrounds playing it in the bg, get another host!) ...where was I, it might need reverb, more release time or sustain pedal automation.

Melodically, it's really cool, but mixing needs balancing. I can't comment on drum processing or anything without hearing them, nobody can. You need to level things out more. You ALSO need a better host! Fix the levels and stuff, and come show us this again. This sounds really likeable. :D

Hosts: I've heard Mediafire.com, Sendspace.com, and Tindeck.com are good hosts. My personal favourite from a reviewer POV is tindeck.

Anyway, lead (bell-like) is too loud and drums too soft. it's really thick, this WiP,work with levels and EQ to separate stuff and get it more balanced. And more volume to the drums, I wasn't even hearing them some of the time.

Intro is a bit long, but it could just be that there's not enough fade time on the piano. It might need (okay, typing is slow with newgrounds playing it in the bg, get another host!) ...where was I, it might need reverb, more release time or sustain pedal automation.

Melodically, it's really cool, but mixing needs balancing. I can't comment on drum processing or anything without hearing them, nobody can. You need to level things out more. You ALSO need a better host! Fix the levels and stuff, and come show us this again. This sounds really likeable. :D

Drums aren't really an issue. All it really is is a drum kick and the two snare builds. That's it. xD

As for balancing, I can definitely work on that. But, my downfall when composing is my mastering skills. I'm not sure how to master things to make it sound pretty. Newgrounds will vouche for that, seeing as it sounds more dry and dull up there. But when played through a media player, such as Winamp, with preset EQ settings, it sounds how I want it to.

Got any tips on how to achieve that? I've messed with the EQ in FL, but then when it's played through Winamp, everything's over-powering due to the double EQ settings at play. x.x

Also, nabbing an account on tindeck so people won't complain about my Newgrounds host anymore. >.>

Compare it to other artists' finished works. If theirs sound over-powered too, your Winamp EQ settings are crazy. If theirs sound okay, try to get yours to sound okay too. Turn off the EQ and compare.

As for the drums - either use them or don't. I'm not sure it counts as trance without the drums. Where's Boz whn you need him, he's knows electronica better than I do.