Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

atmuh

• 1 month later...

If you haven't saved all the villagers, you'll be teleported back immediately. Equip all three Dominus glyphs and use the Glyph Union (Up+Y or Up+X) on the container of Dracula's soul to get the game over screen.

If you _have_ saved all the villagers, you have to go back to Ecclesia on your own (and you'll get a special cutscene dialog right after killing Albus), and simply entering the room with Barlowe should cause a cutscene and then boss fight.

If you haven't saved all the villagers, you'll be teleported back immediately. Equip all three Dominus glyphs and use the Glyph Union (Up+Y or Up+X) on the container of Dracula's soul to get the game over screen.

If you _have_ saved all the villagers, you have to go back to Ecclesia on your own (and you'll get a special cutscene dialog right after killing Albus), and simply entering the room with Barlowe should cause a cutscene and then boss fight.

Got it. Last villager was a bitch to find out about. :S

so far, this game has just thoroughly stomped me into the ground... and I'm at about the second boss (The Skeleton at the start of the prison). It's a nice change of pace from the other games. The last Castlevania game I remember being challenging was Circle of the Moon, but that was the first GBA game I got like, right at launch.

This game is INTENSE! Albus Hard Mode Max Lvl. 1 is a well-needed refresher - it's the next best thing to a classic Castlevania side-scroller: I've already finished it with Shanoa and Albus on Easy/Regular Hard mode, but this hard mode with Albus is especially challenging because most bosses take you out in 2-4 shots and you can't heal yourself... Death and Eligor (whatever that man-horse thing is named) have me completely stumped. And I thought Barlowe was hard...

Plus, i'm hooked on "An Empty Tome"

.../endshamelesslypostinginthreadwithouthavingreadasinglepage

This was probably the only Castlevania game in forever where it felt incredibly satisfying to come back to the castle. Like, 'hell yes'. You know?

Which is completely aided by the best castle music since Symphony or Aria of Sorrow.

Most Definitely. "An Empty Tome" needs a remix

I am trying to work on a piano remix of it. (lulz i fail so don't expect much out of it).

And the remake used on Judgment stinks. Though it's supposed to be a high-energy track, it's completely drained of any interest (perhaps in the effort to make it a not-so-distracting BG music, though I've never played the game and I don't think I ever want to).

While that may be true... what's odd is how Death was unable to exit from his circular movements to use that three-spinning-spirit-dealy attack against me. So basically, he was going 'round n'round as I pummeled him with optical shots. I'm a cheap, unintentional exploiter, but at least I'm a happy cheap unintentional exploiter.

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't beaten the game. Is there some sort of high jump powerup i have COMPLETETY forgotten?

There's an area with all the medusa heads where i can't jump high enough, can't pass the three cerberus heads, and the whole in the ceiling north of the castle entrance is out of reach.

No matter what the answer is, i'm gonna feel stupid about it. :S

Still haven't beaten the game. Is there some sort of high jump powerup i have COMPLETETY forgotten?

There's an area with all the medusa heads where i can't jump high enough, can't pass the three cerberus heads, and the whole in the ceiling north of the castle entrance is out of reach.

Yes, to get into those areas, you've gotta explore the castle and find things.

my shanoa is level 72 atm .... played on every mode of hard, lol, now just leaving the game on Hard lvl. 255.

Yes, to get into those areas, you've gotta explore the castle and find things.

my shanoa is level 72 atm .... played on every mode of hard, lol, now just leaving the game on Hard lvl. 255.

Well duh, that's just my problem. So far, I've explored every inch of the castle i could reach so far. Like i said, either I'm doing something very stupid, or there's something wrong.

Alright. Your main problem right now I think is that you can't pass the three cerberus heads. Have you killed Death, Eligor, and completely explored the library?

Wait... Medusa heads? Are you not using Magnes on the magnets? (This may be the issue.)

just don't want to spoil the game for you without your consent, lol.

Alright. Your main problem right now I think is that you can't pass the three cerberus heads. Have you killed Death, Eligor, and completely explored the library?

Wait... Medusa heads? Are you not using Magnes on the magnets? (This may be the issue.)

just don't want to spoil the game for you without your consent, lol.

I have killed Eligor, but i haven't killed Death yet. I also haven't passed the Cerberus heads. No, i haven't totally explored the library, seeing as one part is out of my reach. (Too high)

And yes, i do know how to use Magnes, problem is, the room i am talking about, there aren't any points to grapple on.

I have killed Eligor, but i haven't killed Death yet. I also haven't passed the Cerberus heads. No, i haven't totally explored the library, seeing as one part is out of my reach. (Too high)

And yes, i do know how to use Magnes, problem is, the room i am talking about, there aren't any points to grapple on.

I suggest gathering paper from the books and wooden rods to construct a crude version of the Kitty Hawk and explore those regions. Or perhaps a hot air balloon of sorts would be more effective.

You still have to kill Death to get to the area passed the Cerberus heads (to eventually go see that n00b dracula).

That room you're talking about with the medusa heads, is that in the Clock Tower? You might not be noting the magnet attached to the big gear. Describe the room? There are several rooms with Medusa heads flying in them.

Or........ if you have unlocked the Training Hall, you could go through it and get the Redire glyph which lets you create your own flying magnet. It might be a little tough though, depending on your level. Just stock up on that one health recovery item that, with the Emperor Ring, should recover most of your health.

Edit: lol, technically, even if you do get up to that section of the library (say, with the Redire glyph), you won't be able to proceed because it's sealed off. You must enter the next area through the Cerberus screen. But if you do make ship replicas or hot air balloons or airplanes, I'd be very interested in seeing a picture of it (and perhaps taking it :D)