Random Remix Function?

Zarmakuizz

Hi all!

I hope I will good write this post.

You know it, OCR has many good remixes of lots of games. The problem is, if someone wants to discover remixes of a game he don't know, what should he do? He can seek for a game he never played but he know the name, and listen to the remixes... and? What else?

I write that because I'm this guy, I want to listen to new musics, but I don't know what to seek (Final Fantasy? Mario? Metroid? And the others?), and I don't care if I don't know which game is remixed, I just want to discover new songs.

So I do this thread: why don't make a Random function?

Like Wikipedia: you click, OCR give you a remix, you listen to it.

Maybe you think: "Useless, I only seek remixes of a game I have played, what the bell are you talking about? You think that the OCR staff has so much time to do a Ramdom function?"

I know, we are in holydays, maybe the staff has better to do than a Random Function.

I find this idea not useless. Yes, there is many songs for the same games: Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, Final Fantasy VII... and the Random function will often give links for the same games. However, into this games, there are lots of remixes, and I'm afraid of downloading all the FF7 remixes just to listen to them, it's to huge, I'm afraid of! More, if I just want to listen to one remix, I don't know what remix to choose because I see a lot of remixes.

That's because I think that a Random Function will be helpful.

I hope this post is well written.

Hey, who knows, maybe we'll do something like an "I'm feeling lucky" feature. Certainly sounds like an interesting enough idea, though I'm sure where that could be integrated into the site. If anyone had compelling enough idea, maybe Dave would implement it.

The Russian ReMix roulette on the front page offers 6 random ReMixes every half hour, and ormgas @ rainwave.cc plays everything we have, like Atma alluded to. I'd also tell people to just download from our torrents. Grab everything and queue 'em up.