list of remixes

goombapatrol

just wondering, is there like a list anywhere of some of the highest rated remixes done on ocremix? maybe i missed it on the site, but i didn't see one anywhere.

i know there wouldn't be a 'best' list, per se, since it's all a matter of opinion, but i think there should be some kind of collection of great works from this site.

i think it would be nice for somebody to establish a list, if there isn't one out already somewhere, since i'd like to come across good remixes from games i'd never think to check out.

:smile:

Use the torrents to get ALL ReMixes. Then, make a playlist of all those, set it to shuffle tracks, and... enjoy your discoveries.

OCR doesn't rank remixes, classify them in genres or so, but it has a great sorting system when it comes to other info. If you find a track you like, check the rest of the remixer's tracks, check the rest of the game's tracks, check the rest of the composer's tracks, etc... Then, when you find something else you like, repeat the process.

Or use the russian roulette on the front page, a bit down. OCR's policy is that everything that gets on the site is good. Although older remixes don't meet the quality standards of today, most are enjoyable, and some of them are just awesome despite their age.

i think there should be some kind of collection of great works from this site.

The idea of the site is that ALL of the songs available are great works. That is why there is a judges panel and quality control. Whether that goal is actually achieved has been debated in the past, but the collection you seek is exactly what the entire index of remixes available here is supposed to be.