Cave Story 'Showdown' (Resub 2)

Nutritious

The previous sub of this song was rejected (for very good reasons). I've gone ahead and revisited this one to try and address the issues there, as well as additional stuff:

Newest Version: http://nutritiousmultimedia.googlepages.com/CaveStory-Showdown.mp3

Decision: http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17146

-Completely reworked drums: samples and writing

-Lots of EQing, cut out mud, levels adjustment

-Toned down compression

-Reworked orchestra reverb

-Worked on "alternate" guitar tone

Should be ready, I believe, but any crits are welcome.

Since it "should be ready", you won't be getting anything but crits from me. :D EDIT: Oh, and a bit of kudos for getting a track posted. :)

Brass is a bit weak and blatty.

Guitar should be doubled. If you can't record another tight enough track, you could pan it hard one way, add a copy of it, hard panned the other direction, moved _slightly_ forward or back to cause the Haas effect (a stereo direction illusion).

It gets repetitive after 3 mins, so you might want to cut some repetition somewhere.

Some cymbals don't sound very good, such as your crashes and the count-in at 2:50.

The bass range is cluttered in the grand finale, or it's just the slow attack or reverb tails of something in the low range that should be counteracted by moving it back a bit.

Tthe staccato strings sound a bit too close and dry compared to some other instruments. I could be wrong there tho.

There. Enjoy your crits.

Through a lot of the song, the ochestra feels way too strong for me. I'd love to be able to hear the guitars a lot more clearly. Especially in the beginning, where the guitar sets the motion for the rest of the track.

It'd be really tough for me to say anything more. It's really good!

I feel the same way. I would love to hear the guitars louder.

Personally, of course.

Agreed. I definitely feel that the guitar needs to louder, as it would feel like a really good center piece for the song. Particular since a guitar would probably be excellent for representing the epicness of the final boss music for Cave Story.

I look forward to the completion of this track, assuming it get's to that (Which I feel it will). I want to hear another ReMix of "Last Battle."