Kirby Renditions Volume 2 Soundtrack!

zord

Well folks, Volume 2 is up! Here's the link to the download (7.1MB RAR):

http://www.divshare.com/download/5471533-bb3

It has 8 tracks:

1. KRV2 - Green Greens (Piano Rendition)

2. KRV2 - Sky High (Piano Rendition)

3. KRV2 - Fountain of Dreams (FT Rendition)

4. KRV2 - Vegetable Valley (Violin Rendition)

5. KRV2 - Heart of Nova (NOS Rendition)

6. KRV2 - Milky Way Stars (Ph1 Rendition)

7. KRV2 - Marx's Theme (Kropix Rendition)

8. KRV2 - Squeak Title (Wii Rendition)

I hope you enjoy them! :wink:

Wow, this volume is way better than the other one I think. Has some nice renditions in there!

Quick Review:

Track 1 is Green Greens on Piano! Sounds good!

Score: 7/10

Track 2 is Sky High on Piano too. Sounds good, but not much.

Score: 5/10

Track 3 is the Fountain of Dreams, but redone? Anyway, not bad.

Track 4 is Vegetable Valley on a Violin, well sort of.. listen and you will

understand what I mean. It's not so great, but is nice.

Score: 6/10

Track 5 is the Heart of Nova theme from Kirby Super Star. Sounds a little bit better!

Score: 7/10

Track 6 is Milky Way Stars and it's kinda boring one...

Score: 4/10

Track 7 is Marx's Battle Theme done by Kropix. It sounds good.

Score: 6/10

Track 8 is the Squeak Squad Title theme by Wii. Kinda normal...

So, those are my opinions, what are yours!? Anyway, hope they make a better one with way more tracks!

It would be awesome... I guess we just have to wait and see...

Overall Score: 56% (It gets better I guess...)

Well folks, Volume 2 is up! Here's the link to the download (7.1MB RAR):

http://www.divshare.com/download/5471533-bb3

It has 8 tracks:

1. KRV2 - Green Greens (Piano Rendition)

2. KRV2 - Sky High (Piano Rendition)

3. KRV2 - Fountain of Dreams (FT Rendition)

4. KRV2 - Vegetable Valley (Violin Rendition)

5. KRV2 - Heart of Nova (NOS Rendition)

6. KRV2 - Milky Way Stars (Ph1 Rendition)

7. KRV2 - Marx's Theme (Kropix Rendition)

8. KRV2 - Squeak Title (Wii Rendition)

I hope you enjoy them! :wink:

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're doing here. It sounds like sound-fonts on MIDIs with some strange panning and occasional reverb. Since this seems like a cry for help, I'll do my best to be constructive with what I'm hearing:

Green Greens:

Don't skin the MIDI, write your own piano sections based on the original. It's a content heavy enough song to easily have strong bass and treble sections for a single person on the keys, rather than having to have a near retarded sounding duet. Also, if you write your own song, you can have a real ending, instead of a spot where the loop is supposed to be with an abrupt cutoff.

Sky High:

Don't skin the MIDI, write your own piano sections based on the original. For a piano, there's too many fucking notes for what this seems like it should be. The fact that it was skinned makes it sound very... bad. Really, atrocious. Same looping problem as above, please write something new for it.

"Dream Pond":

This is bad mixing (even for a midi), and 30 seconds long. Do not rely on looping points. They fail you. Instead, consider writing original work for the piece, and possibly sampling some instruments. Like drums, or getting a synth, or anything to give it depth beyond a puddle.

Vegi Valley:

For the love of fuck, this thing hurts my ears. The midi violin is painful to listen to, seriously. The most merciful thing about it is that the looping point failed you, at 27 seconds. Do not skin a midi, write your own music to go along with some of the original work. Please use a sampled violin (or a real one, if you play) instead of a midi, and please make sure to EQ the shit out of it so it doesn't cause cringing.

Heart of Nova/Nova's Core:

This is annoyingly repetitive, even for a 1.36 midi thing. The melody is lost in effects, the midi percussion is irritating to the point where I want to stab something with a spork and eat it's entrails for dinner. Please, write something to go based off of the original, instead of doing whatever the hell it was that was done to this track. It doesn't sound good, it just sounds like someone vomited into a keyboard and that's what happened. Please clean up your vomit.

Milky Stars:

This one's actually cute, but it's still just skinned midis. If you used samples, and write some parts for it, this could be an interesting mix eventually. Get a synthesizer, learn how to use it, and this is the only thing out of the two albums worth of garbage that could ever be salvaged. Maybe it's just that the source material is cute on it's own for this one. Who knows.

Marx's Theme

What the fuck am I listening to? There are random pannings and pitch bends that displease me. Another skinned midi with the pitches all shot to shit. Everything I said above (except for Milky Stars) applies to this. The only thing this has that might make it almost a real mix is that it's two minutes long. Sadly, that's a bad thing when listening to it.

Squeak Title:

Never, ever, do this again. You have no idea how annoying it is to have to shift ones' focus between two ears to get a whole fucking song. It's not counterpoint, harmonies, or just a specific instrument. It's the whole fucking midi. Don't ever fucking do this again. It isn't artistic, it isn't creative. It's what happens when you want to pretend you remixed a song and have nothing better to do. You also have the stupid cutoff at the end, which is the greatest fucking blessing in this whole piece of shit "album."

In short, please revise everything, and listen to as much music from OCR as you can to find out what actually sounds good. This will help you immensely. After that, if you're feeling up to it, get a copy of Audacity, FruityLoops, Reason, Acid, Reaper, or anything else, and learn how to use it using tutorials on this site, or in other places online.

Then, after all that, pick one song to actually work on (Milky Stars), and write some original work around it. Make it sound pretty, something that is unique enough to matter.

Oh, also, I just let my fiance listen to this pile of MIDI, and she nearly died of laughter listening to the piano and violin attempts. She seriously was crying, turning red in the cheeks, and had to bury her face in pillows to not cause a ruckus. I must now inspect her for burst blood vessels. Good job.

Oh, also, I just let my fiance listen to this pile of MIDI, and she nearly died of laughter listening to the piano and violin attempts. She seriously was crying, turning red in the cheeks, and had to bury her face in pillows to not cause a ruckus. I must now inspect her for burst blood vessels. Good job.

Wow, that was seriously uncalled for. Who cares if they're MIDI rips (I haven't listened to them personally), or if they're terrible. That doesn't justify these types of comments.

Wow, that was seriously uncalled for. Who cares if they're MIDI rips (I haven't listened to them personally), or if they're terrible. That doesn't justify these types of comments.

No, this sort of "effort" requires that we be harsh. This (and the other one) album is just sloppy, rushed MIDI rips. There's a certain level of talent and effort expected at this site, and this whole thing just doesn't cut it.

A little harsh, maybe, but it's still something this guy needs to hear.

No, this sort of "effort" requires that we be harsh. This (and the other one) album is just sloppy, rushed MIDI rips. There's a certain level of talent and effort expected at this site, and this whole thing just doesn't cut it.

A little harsh, maybe, but it's still something this guy needs to hear.

QFE

I've gotta say that my feelings are mutual... per every song you tweaked for 10 minutes each and then vomited them at us. Study more, do your homework and turn in your assignment at a far later date.