PRC133 - The Cuckooland Cloud (Banjo-Tooie)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 133

PRCv6-03

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

The Darkwing Duck round is over, Just64helpin won the round with a difference, Hylian Lemon and Txai did well, but not enough to win. Hylian Lemon voted himself to the second place. Just64helpin submitted his source almost directly after the voting stage. At this moment, the start of this round is 10 hours away, but I decided to already post this because I'm busy tomorrow.

Just64helpin's choice was influenced by the ORC front page (Grant Kirkhope) and by the release of Nuts & Bolts. He submitted a song from a game which is from the Nintendo 64:

PRC133.jpg

Banjo-Tooie (N64) - Cloud Cuckooland

MIDI

MP3

I know the game a little, but I never played it. Still, it's a game which looks like it's a good game which needs a lot of remixes. It's never been on PRC before, so it's a really good moment.

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by NEXT SUNDAY, November 16th at 02:00 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) and the ThaSauce page for the exact time left..
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part but their vote will be doubled.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Remember, my birthday is on 16 november, so if you want to give me something, feel free to submit a really nice remix.

After the extension, Txai helps and send a second song.

Here's the voting stage

Two entries. Txai did it again. The mixing stage is over, this means we can start voting. To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to second.

- State a reasoning for it.

Participants don't have to vote, because they can't for themself and voting means both songs receive a first place.

The winner of PRC132 (Just64helpin) has a vote that counts twice. You have until NEXT WEDNESDAY, November 19th at 9:59 am ThaSauce time, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner will get to choose the source tune for PRC134!

The songs:

DZComposer - Percuckoo

Txai - Above the Floating Land

It's results time.

The round started slow, but after an extention, two songs where posted. Also voting didn't get much interest, only 3. I added Just64helpins (double) vote, because that breaks the tie.

Total number of mixes - 2

Total number of votes - 3

Highest possible score - 8

DZComposer did well, but his song was too close to the original to not win the last and second place wooden spoon, with 5 points.

And the winner of PRC133 is Txai with 7 points!

Congratulations Txai. It's your task to submit the new source for PRC134. Remember to not submit a song that has been covered on OCR before. You can take a popular game (Like Mega Man 1 Wily Stage 2) or a less popular game (like Godzilla for the NES). Songs from site Projects can be used as well.

I'm waiting for the source tune which should be submitted in two days (before November 21st at 11:59 am Eastern US Time). You should send your source submission to me by PM. Don't forget it. You should add a link to your source as well (like a MID, NSF, MP3 etc.).

Meh...

I guess I'm losing my touch. Second recent one I've done that I haven't done so well...

Oh, well. There's always next time. I haven't done an orchestral piece for PRC yet. Orchestral is my greatest strength. If the piece fits it, I will bring that out next. Being the only one who submitted on time and then losing makes me thirsty for victory (though having a round go like this one with an orchestral work will kill my musical morale :-( ).

Meh...

I guess I'm losing my touch. Second recent one I've done that I haven't done so well...

Oh, well. There's always next time. I haven't done an orchestral piece for PRC yet. Orchestral is my greatest strength. If the piece fits it, I will bring that out next. Being the only one who submitted on time and then losing makes me thirsty for victory (though having a round go like this one with an orchestral work will kill my musical morale :-( ).

I am hoping it does not turn out that way.