Dragon Quest 10 Confirmed for Wii

XZero

http://wii.ign.com/articles/937/937167p1.html

I honestly can say that I sort of saw this coming. Dragon Quest has always been the series that jumps on the 'most popular console' bandwagon. Four installments on the NES, 2 on the SNES, 1 on the PSX, 1 on the PS2, one on the DS, and now one on the Wii. It simply makes sense that SquareEnix would want to get this game into the hands of the most gamers possible, especially in Japan. The resolution of this issue is to put it out on the system that likely wouldn't require someone to buy a new system. Now I know Wii haters will say that this is one game out of the ton of shitty ones out there, but, especially for the Japanese market, this is huge.

Actually, the "out sometime in 2010" thing is already the case. IGN had another article today talking about what they wanted to see in the new Dragon Quest. Personally, I could go for a Dragon Quest VIII-style game with a new and interesting story, a traditional control scheme (sideways Wii-mote, classic/GCN controller support, etc.), and maybe some more sidequests during the game (ala Chrono Trigger). I could go either way with random battles. I usually hate them, but Dragon Quest is the only franchise where I will tolerate them.