orcyn7.png

Welcome to ORC115.

Source Material

Last month winner was S|r Nuts.

SirNuts - Fresh Air: - MIDI

Good luck everyone.

Deadline

18th January Midnight US East Coast

The contest is a monthly contest so the deadline is programmed to be the 3rd sunday of the month. Voting stage will follow till the 4th sunday of the month. Next context will start again the first of the next month.

The Quick Rules Rundown

Step 1 -Submission:-

1. Anyone can enter regardless of your remixing ability.

2. Filesize is limited to 8 meg.

3. You may only enter one piece. but can collab on a second one.

4. When you've finished your entry, post it in the thread, AND send it also to Submission@doulifee.com It's mandatory to avoid me to run after you for your mix in case of a dead link.

5. You may submit your piece as a MIDI, MP3 or OGG file.

Step 2 -Vote:-

Voting will be done via PM. Voting stage will last 1 week from the 18th to the 25th Midnight .

About the comment:

You are now allowed to comment anytime EXCEPT during the voting stage..

that mean that once a mix is posted, you can feedback it, until the submission process is over. Remixer are able to fix/enhance it until the deadline. The date in the PM/Email will be used to upload the most recent one.

About a draw in the result:

It happen sometime. Both remixer are still officially Winner, but i'll ask the remixer with the less "Win" to send me his song.

i dunno if i'll continue the contest due to the few entry and the quasi-non-existent vote. :/
Consider that this midi was submitted right after the winter break, it was probably just bad timing for everybody (celebrating new year, starting school/work again, presidential inauguration, etc.). You can also notice a considerable slowdown in the forums in general because of these things. Regulars are coming back to the forums in greater numbers again, so they will probably give this more attention than this last month.

Edit: Looking at other competitions, it looks like it has a lot of periods of 'ups' and 'downs'. What would you expect? Unlike the PRC or anything else out there, the things that get posted here have absolutely no restrictions, implied or not. Thus, the music that needs to be mixed may sometimes be very difficult to do so (as was the case this time around, due to the relatively complex harmonies and disjoint melody). I'm not saying that anything posted here is bad, just difficult to remix. Imagine if someone posted this for the PRC. Few (if any) would mix it due to the difficulty of remixing it, and the competition would die that time around. That's why fewer of the PRC's die out like this - people don't post much music there that would be ultimately too difficult to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m4JEuOUXd0

(I'd get a better quality one, but can't find one right now :P)

ORC, on the other hand, people make what they can, and if it's too difficult to mix, tough! They can't generally help what they write, so there are many cases (like this one) where the mix is too difficult to handle, and the competitiongoes down that month.

I'm just saying, don't let one bad competition ruin the entire thing for everyone... I just found this, and I love it. It would be depressing if it died out now :(

Looking at other competitions, it looks like it has a lot of periods of 'ups' and 'downs'. What would you expect? Unlike the PRC or anything else out there, the things that get posted here have absolutely no restrictions, implied or not. Thus, the music that needs to be mixed may sometimes be very difficult to do so (as was the case this time around, due to the relatively complex harmonies and disjoint melody). I'm not saying that anything posted here is bad, just difficult to remix. Imagine if someone posted this for the PRC. Few (if any) would mix it due to the difficulty of remixing it, and the competition would die that time around. That's why fewer of the PRC's die out like this - people don't post much music there that would be ultimately too difficult to do.

True. Last year (PRC105-110) PRC didn't get much entries as well. In most of these rounds, Chickenwarlord saved the contest. January is just a very bad time for remixing because everyone has to start-up again after the holidays.

ORC110 (last year august) isn't long ago and that was a very good round.

I'll try to be there next month (if time let's me).

BTW: Nice song Gario.

Thanks, Bundeslang. I'll be sending my song over to Doulifee as soon as I can. I'll try not to post something as complex as Sir Nuts' piece, so everyone can join in (lookin' at you Hoboka :P). It'll still be good, don't worry :)

Yayyy <3

If I ever win I'll compose something retardedly simple and I'll leave it to the remixers to make it sound good lmao.