Pokémon G/S Olivine City Mix

PROTO·DOME

Okay, right, admittedly, the last Pokémon mix I did sucked hard. Personally, I think this one is alot better. ^^

The two Pokémon tracks OCR currently have are great, however they're just not the kinda songs I wanted from a Pokémon game. So after waiting a while for someone to remix another track I decided I'd just do one myself and see how it got on.

I tried to slip in as many Pokémon references as I could (the gym, pokémon center and healing jingle are in there somewhere) along with the main Olivine track.

I know I like this. This will be on repeat for awhile. My only comment would be that its a little short so if you could make it longer or make it loop that would be awesome.

Source link for those who don't know the original (hope you don't mind)

If you're looking for a muck-around then it's a great experimental piece you've put together, with all the in-game sound effects coming together to form the song and all.

If however you're looking to get it submitted and get a YES vote out of it.. I can't say for sure but the track just jumps out at me and seems a bit, how'd you put it, too busy (?) to pass the approval. I'm no musical guru or anything, so take it with a pinch of salt.

But for a first crack at Olivine and all that, it's pretty damn good. Considered trying out for the MissingNo# Tracks? I noticed you have a fair few Pokémon WIPs floating about here so who knows, one (or more) of those could develop a bit further, and it'd be a great help to you too.

Okay, this may seem a lil' quick for an update but I've pretty much finished the arrangement now.

I've thrown in some more references and tidyed up a lil' in places. Any criticism is very welcome- be as harsh as y'like (constructive would be nice), I wanna get this as good as I can! n__n

http://download147.mediafire.com/nib22ditmd5g/znj4imjm2yz/The+Port+Closest+to+Foreign+Lands.mp3

(Thanks TDATL, kinda forgot to put the source, glad you like it ^^)

jayc4life: Yeah, it is a lil' busy, I kinda liked it, if I get really negative response I'll cut it down. As for the MissingNo# Tracks, nope, I haven't. I think I might, let's see how this gets on first...

(EDIT: It's not just Olivine, just remembered, Violet city too. Damn.)

(EDIT AGAIN: Tweaked a lil' more- the name is a reference to the city description)

As for joining the Missingno Tracks, we stopped taking submissions and remixers a while ago. There was this cycle of people signing up, not doing anything, and then quitting without telling anyone.

Besides, we already got an Olivine Town remix. Sorry, it's been taken!

But that shouldn't top you from submitting to the judges here. Go for it, more power to you (and the series in general) if you get it passed.

I like the first 30 seconds, it's like a warm, groovy techno thing going on.

From 0:45 to 0:55, with the sound effects and the main theme hidden in the background, it wounds pretty awesome. I like that whole thing.

1:22 to 1:35 was nice as well.

Actually, I guess it's all the stuff that isn't the main tune that I like. I think it's the instrument; it seems out of place compared to the rest of it. All the in between parts are cute and snappy, and the sound effects carry a little bit of nostalgia into it that works.

I'd suggest maybe tooling around with a different instrument for the main theme, as it's kind of hard on the ears. I see what you were going for, but it doesn't work for me.

But don't get discouraged! If you were on my project, I'd give this a "NO, resubmit soon, please!"

I can't download it for some reason....

and I've been waiting for a Violet City remix for sometime.

T_T

Arrrgh! Noes! Damn Mediafire! If anyone knows of a hosting site that is at least partially reliable please let me know!

As for joining the Missingno Tracks, we stopped taking submissions and remixers a while ago. There was this cycle of people signing up, not doing anything, and then quitting without telling anyone.

I knew that, or so it seemed... It was just when someone suggested it I thought "oh, they probably know more than me about all this stuff, I guess it's open again"

I'd suggest maybe tooling around with a different instrument for the main theme, as it's kind of hard on the ears. I see what you were going for, but it doesn't work for me.

Ah... Well I've changed the instrument in the update but I don't think it's any softer, just different... Hrmm... Ah well, let's see how this flies.

But don't get discouraged! If you were on my project, I'd give this a "NO, resubmit soon, please!"

Heh, thanks anyway, should give me something to work with. And yeah! More PP to the series!

Well I've done a few minor tweaks again and reuploaded. Damn it. I'm so not into Mediafire right now:

http://download279.mediafire.com/zbtchyjzzn3g/oymermwfmlj/The+Port+Closest+to+Foreign+Lands.mp3

(Oh and JeromeBaritone, thx, you rawk ^^)

Hell yes.

The latest link to this mix is not working... Got another one?

Arrrgh! Okay, changing host. New link here!

img.php?fid=34

Should work...

i dont think there are enough pokemon remixes...

all i want is an ultra hard core/punk rock remix of the red/blue trainer battle...

this one wasnt what i would have expected, but it was pretty well done! not the style i would have used for this particular song, but i love the creativity in doing it this way.

Hrmm... I might do the R/B battle theme, I just need better guitar samples (mah Tetris ones sucked) ^^ Agreed, not enough Pokémon mixes. C'mon, the music is awesome (yet painfully simple)! And thanks very much!