Commissionable Visual Artists: Please Contact Me

prophetik music

i've been browsing deviantart, but i'd rather go through someone here for this.

basically, there's almost no good game posters available out there for games that are not final fantasy games or off of the mainstream. so, for games like kotor, chrono cross, freelancer, fable (original), and others, there's VERY little out there to buy that's not cheap crap. so, i'd like to commission some artwork that's large enough to use as a poster (note: i'd like them to be about 30" on the long side, for a general idea for size). if you know of somewhere to buy posters for the following games, please link me!

if you're interested in eventually (likely april and later) doing artwork for me to post on the walls of my future game room. i'd prefer digital art, since the real stuff is too expensive for me. i'll contact you about commissions and stuff. if you're good and have a good rate, you can expect several commissions - my list of 'games that need posters' is about 30 entries long, so far.

thanks in advance. feel free to contact me by email (bradley.burr removeme at gmail dot removeme com) or pm.

here's a list of games that i'd be interested in, so if you have a personal stock in one of these games (or know where to get a poster of one), please let me know. i've listed games as specifically as possible. there's more to come.

fable (xbox)or lost chapters (pc)

battlefront II

madden 08

ff6, 8, 10 (10's on here because most posters suck of it, same with 8)

ff7:ac

bioshock (ideally a big daddy or rosie)

chrono cross

pkmn red, blue, or yellow (not really sure what i'd want, actually)

super smash 64 (NOT melee or brawl)

kotor 1 and 2

worms armegeddon

chrono trigger

call of duty 1, 4

c&c: red alert

final fantasy legend 1-3 (possibly, not sure what i'd get of these)

starcraft (not zerg, i hate those little pimples)

final fantasy tactics (psp version, i'd like the box art specifically but art from either version is good)

witcher (specifically the wolf's head medallion)

edit: here's some specifics.

here's specifically what i want. when i say hi-res, i want it to look good in a poster that's (at minimum) 18" on the long side, ideally 24-36". that doesn't mean it's gotta be perfect, but i want it to be equivalent to the movie posters i'd be getting at the same time. i'd print them at kinkos or staples, but what do i tell them when i print them?

in general, i don't care if you take stock stuff you find online or do it yourself. i just want it to look good =) upscaling is fine by me, as long as it looks good.

battlefront II: box art in hi-res. link to box art. if you can take some of the advertising out of there so it's just art and box, that'd be great.

bioshock: something creative involving a rosie/big daddy of some kind and the logo. nothing creepy, please, since it's going in a home where my children will eventually live =)

super smash 64: box art, but bigger. i'm open to creativity, though.

call of duty: big box art, as usual =)

final fantasy legend: original game boy games ftw! i just want the main box art.

starcraft: maybe half a protoss face on one side, half a human face on the other, and the logo in between or something similar.

witcher: that medallion picture upscaled. i've got a big one already, but i want it bigger. i don't mind if there's less metal on the left. i'd also like it if the title is on there somewhere without the other writing.

chrono cross: i haven't been able to find a good picture, really, but i want either a hi-res version of the disc box art (complete with the black-and-white playstation logo on the left side) or a good picture of serge. i don't really care which, but i'd like it large - i love that game.

chrono trigger: i want something artistic and cool and relatively realistic, not anime-ish and definitely not cartoony. throw ideas at me.

kotor, i'd love the box art in hi-res.

ff6, i don't really know what i want, honestly. since the 'artwork' for that game is so outdated, it's not something that i think that fan artwork would really make sense with. if i could get a hi res version of this, that'd likely be fine by me.

ff7 - this one is touchy for me, since it's got so much history for me. i'd like an upscaled version of the scene showing all of midgar lit up by spotlights with the title overlaid like this. alternatively, the box art would look good in hi-def too, but i might be able to buy that somewhere since it's such a rabid fanboy game.

crisis core - i want this in enormous hi-res, and the sword specifically 'highlighted' by being in focus and gorgeous. i don't know how you are at realism, but here's where i'd want you to show off.

ff8, i want the picture of squall with his gunblade in a big poster. without the copyright or watermark, with the title.

ffx - i loved wakka, tidus, and kimahri the whole game. if i could get something with the three of them - whether upscaled art from online, or whatever - that'd be fantastic. if it's too much for three of them, cut it down to just wakka and kimahri. i've got an excellent large version of tidus on my hd already just waiting to be placed.

ff12 - iv'e got two beautiful pictures that i'd love to use - one's too small for good detail work, but the other one would look absolutely amazing as a poster with the ff12 logo/title on it. i've also got an enormous picture of balthier that's going to get the logo shopped on and printed as is, so that's all me.

pokemon - i have no idea what i want. probably just a big pokeball with sandshrew and abra hanging out, posed as in game. pretty simple, i'd think.

fable: just the top half of the box art (without the reflection) - so, nothing below the title.

mario tennis (gb) - resurface the mario tennis logo. that'll be good enough for me, nice and simple.

starfox 64 - box art, but larger.

So are you asking for us to find you the posters or a way for us to create posters featuring its original boxart, rendering, etc.?

Or are you asking us to create something different using our original talent or photoshopping skills to create something new, but at the same time true to its original art?

I can do both. Specifically I've been fixing up old boxart and promo art from various retro games to make into posters. What you're asking seems around the same lines.

either or, really. there are some retro games that wouldn't translate very well into true posters, but conceptual ideas and renderings would be fine by me.

if you'd get in touch with me regarding a specific game or idea you want to do, with some pricing ideas, i'll stick that in my reference file. pm or email's fine by me, i added my email to the first post.

mostly men because my wife's not a fan of me putting up pictures of females in game. and because it costs a LOT to get commissions for each individual game. an image like that would be like 150$ from most artists. even if it were a quarter of that, it's still a lot for one individual picture, particularly for a game that's not as important to me as others on the list.

you're also forgetting that i'm more of an american gamer than you are - so i'm less into anime-style stuff and more into simpler art. boxes usually provide that.

where's that picture from? regardless of most people's taste, it's beautiful. i might see if i can get in contact with the artist for my ff6 shot =)

edit: i should point out that most people that i know don't know games well, so that's why i want the logos. people should be able to tell exactly what it is when they look - similar to movie posters, which will be going up as well.

mostly men because my wife's not a fan of me putting up pictures of females in game. and because it costs a LOT to get commissions for each individual game. an image like that would be like 150$ from most artists. even if it were a quarter of that, it's still a lot for one individual picture, particularly for a game that's not as important to me as others on the list.

you're also forgetting that i'm more of an american gamer than you are - so i'm less into anime-style stuff and more into simpler art. boxes usually provide that.

where's that picture from? regardless of most people's taste, it's beautiful. i might see if i can get in contact with the artist for my ff6 shot =)

edit: i should point out that most people that i know don't know games well, so that's why i want the logos. people should be able to tell exactly what it is when they look - similar to movie posters, which will be going up as well.

I'm more of an artwork guy than putting the icons themselves on the wall. And if I do I prefer something tasteful :D

And yeah, you are an american gamer but I figured since you love FF so much.. yadda yadd you know what I was thinking :D I'm just against the whole "logo on the wall" business. It's like you HAVE to show the world that you love games, these games, and not because you yourself appreciate the artwork from them.

I found the FF6 wallpaper on the neogaf thread linked, go to the last page to find 4 new indexes with WAY more games than the first post.

updated the first post with all the art that i think i'll need, and how i'd like it.

anso, if you have any particular ideas that are 'better' than mine, let me know =)

All my ideas are better than yours!!! :tomatoface:

Honetly though, do what you think is best for you, I was just being an ass

i made some homebrew pictures of my own. i took pictures online, resized them, and adjusted the dpi to be 300 for printing.

here are some thumbnails. these are at 10% size (so, these are big pictures).

gearsofwarmini.jpg

actual size: 7542x8400, 17.6 megs.

gtaIVmini.jpg

actual size: 10800x4500, 8.4 megs.

swtfumini.jpg

actual size: 12491x9655, 40 megs.

if anyone wants the originals, i can send them to you (but they're absolutely huge, so it'll have to be through megaupload).

it's 40 megs...do you know someone that has space?

If you still need a space to put those up, I have some....ok I have lots of extra space at the moment. I am currently using less then a percent of my storage and monthly transfer limits. I can set up a ftp account for a couple of months if you want.