Ape Escape Medly-ish Thing WIP

PROTO·DOME

Okay, replayed the game the other day. Love it. Gotta be one of the best games on the PS. Anyway, the soundtrack is pretty awesome and I'm surprised no one's mixed it before actually...

I've gone for a kinda upbeat kinda DnB theme-ish, maybe. I'm not too sure. Anyway it sticks with the game's style. The songs I've mixed are Primordial Ooze (Raining Lake) and Crabby Beach (Primitive Beach)- oh wait and also the title theme (however it's only the first two bars so I'm not sure that counts)

Here's some sauce (Nom):

Crabby Beach (Primitive Beach)

Primordial Ooze (Raining Lake)

If you could give some constructive criticism that would be awesome. I'm still quite new to all this and I know the arrangement isn't perfect and the EQ is kinda sloppy... Any help you could give would be ace. ^^

Anyway here it is:

http://download472.mediafire.com/9y0nwbmnzlfg/b1vyhijzgzt/Chronological+Temporal+Partitionment.mp3

~Enjoy :D

"The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire."

:(

Huh?! What? That's untrue! >:( I hate mediafire.

I'll relink:

http://www.mediafire.com/?b1vyhijzgzt

Sorry.

(Also I know the synth at 1:48 is stupidly loud, my headphones were obviously ignoring it before. Imagine it isn't so loud :D)

Looking forward to listen that as well... I'm a big fan of this ost.

EDIT: While I was writing that, you fixed it! :-) Feedback tomorow.

EDIT 2: I really like this, very close to the source, which may be a bad thing if you're thinking about submitting...

Two complaints:

Those brass fill-ins that start at 0:30 become really repetitive really quickly, so I think you should give it more chords and rhitmic variation.

That synth that enters at 1:50 is too loud, also ear-piercing... oh, you already knew that.

That's it... Thanks for the nostalgic rememberance.

Nice so far. I love Ape Escape, great game, great music. Actually, I'm using the Trick Castle BGM for Shockspark Hallows, in the Zelda game I'm making. I can't sell it anyways, so why not! It retains the feel of the game. I can picture those damn Piposaru running from me right now whilst I chase them down with a net. But that's also a bad thing, as DNM there said, as it may work against you if you submit it. Make the track your own, more so than it already is. Overall though, good job. Enjoyable, and it brings back fond memories. Of ramming monkeys with RC Cars and stuff. Good times.