Midwest meetup?

Bahamut

Unfortunately no. A 3 day pass is going to probably be 55$ at the door.

As far as playing at a con I personally don't know but the Spoony Bards (see musical guests on the site)

got their start playing that way so who knows.

Oh wow. Damn, that's too much money for my taste. Yeah, if they got their start that way then maybe but who knows.

Alright, so, list of possible meetup locations as I see from reading this thread...

Ohio (The entire state, no need to meet face to face)

St. Louis

Illinois (Chicago or Urbana)

Most people seem to be voting for Chicago, and if I were going I'd vote for it as well.

My thoughts? It's funny that people complain about $55 for a three day pass to something when it'll cost that much in gas for a lot of people just to get there.

Well, judging from the dates that everyone is wanting to meet up, it's a little too soon for me to arrange something, but if we wanted to plan something for later on in the year, I work at a hotel out here in West Des Moines, Iowa. I could probably get a huge block of rooms reserved for everyone and maybe even use of the meeting room, drop screens, and LCD projector for one giant meet-up. I'm thinking the rate for the rooms would be anywhere between 59.99-79.99. And the immediate area has a ton of restaurants/bars around. There is a dueling piano bar in the immediate vicinity that we sent a lot of business to, so I could possibly get something worked out with them for some good music, and maybe we could get some of our artists to perform--who knows? If there is enough interest in the idea, I could put it into motion and get details for everyone. I'm thinking September/October time period? Anyone interested?

Well, judging from the dates that everyone is wanting to meet up, it's a little too soon for me to arrange something, but if we wanted to plan something for later on in the year, I work at a hotel out here in West Des Moines, Iowa. I could probably get a huge block of rooms reserved for everyone and maybe even use of the meeting room, drop screens, and LCD projector for one giant meet-up. I'm thinking the rate for the rooms would be anywhere between 59.99-79.99. And the immediate area has a ton of restaurants/bars around. There is a dueling piano bar in the immediate vicinity that we sent a lot of business to, so I could possibly get something worked out with them for some good music, and maybe we could get some of our artists to perform--who knows? If there is enough interest in the idea, I could put it into motion and get details for everyone. I'm thinking September/October time period? Anyone interested?

Many people here are bound by the school calendar, making a Sept/October meetup difficult. I'm an ISU grad though, and will look you up the next time I go to DM!

I'd be fine with either - my summer schedule is looking pretty flexible, minus a trip at the end of July for Andy & Jill's wedding and potential subsequent concert hopping to see Dream Theater, Zappa, Pain of Salvation, and Queensryche.

Also to the St. Louis people - I'm going to the Nightwish concert there this Friday if anyone is interested in joining in.

• 3 weeks later...