Steam

linkspast

I know there is a thread for L4D and TF2. But not one for Steam.

well I got a few odd problems...

One.

For some reason I can download L4D... Which I have not payed for.. yet it showed up on my Not Installed list. so I am installing it...

Two.

I was playing portal. then I decided to stop, Then I decided to play again the next day, and It wont start.. Ill get to the first screen where there is a valve in the guys head then it exits the program...

Three.

I was playing HL2 because I could not play Portal... and Im not very far in to it. Have not even gotten any sort of weapons. Well i get a message on the screen that says "Node graph out of date..." then there is another message that says

"A.I. Disabled...." which leaves me stuck in the same room. I have even started over, but get the same errors. .

Is there any reason for this?

For some reason I can download L4D... Which I have not payed for.. yet it showed up on my Not Installed list. so I am installing it...

Perhaps someone gifted it to you?

Also, give your poor period key a break. The end of a sentence requires one period and two spaces, no more, no less.

Damn. People are mean. :-D

As has been stated, you're preloading Left 4 Dead. It's free to play for today only (I think, I could be wrong).

Portal: What does the error say? Is it just a crash, or what? What OS are you using? There are tons of things that could be going down here, you'll have to give a bit more info. Regardless, try deleting and reinstalling.

HL2: My HL2 does this from time to time; I think it's due to the fact that I'm on Vista x64. When you start the game, like before you can even choose 'New Game' or any of that, does it say 64 mode active or something like that on the top of the screen?

I know there is a thread for L4D and TF2. But not one for Steam.

well I got a few odd problems...

One.

Two.

I was playing portal. then I decided to stop, Then I decided to play again the next day, and It wont start.. Ill get to the first screen where there is a valve in the guys head then it exits the program...

Three.

I was playing HL2 because I could not play Portal... and Im not very far in to it. Have not even gotten any sort of weapons. Well i get a message on the screen that says "Node graph out of date..." then there is another message that says

"A.I. Disabled...." which leaves me stuck in the same room. I have even started over, but get the same errors. .

Is there any reason for this?

As the pretty tensei said, it's free-weekend for L4D. You can download and play it as a trial for the remainder of the weekend. If you wish to purchase it after that, youll already have it downloaded.

I had a problem loading tf2 yesterday. Steam released a mini-patch. Shortly after they released another mini-patch that resolved the issue. It was the exact same problem you described, so perhaps if you're lucky there's also the same solution.

No clue about the last one.

EDIT: God damnit. I was typing this while at work, and I was whisked away. By the time I got back 30 mins later 3 people already beat me to it. >:(

Portal one sounds like it might be a video card issue.

Indeed it does, make sure your drivers are up to date.

For the AI Disabled problem, here is a quote from another site:

Here is the solution for A.I.disabled bug:

Go into your .\Steam\steamapps\<username>\half-life 2\hl2\cfg\ folder, and create a txt file, inside this text file, write the following lines.

ai_norebuildgraph "1"

ai_disable "0"

Save, then rename the text file to ai_fix.cfg, right click the file and set it to read only.

Next, open up valve.rc in notepad, you should see the following

// load the base configuration

//exec default.cfg

// Setup custom controller

exec joystick.cfg

// run a user script file if present

exec autoexec.cfg

//

// stuff command line statements

//

stuffcmds

// display the startup level