Final Fantasy X - Hymn of the Fayth - "Him, of the Faith"

DrumUltimA

This is very interesting and not at all what i was expecting. First off, is that you doing all the voice work? If so, then bravo my friend. Its very well done. Every note seems to be on key and flows very nicely. The production seems to be ok. Maybe its me, but i think it could use some more highs on the EQ.

Other than that, sounds good to me!

I thought you weren't allowed to use remixes-in-progress for DoD? Bad Doug!

Sounds about the same as I remember. Would probably work on breathing to get rid of the sharp inhaling you've got here and there.

Not sure what's going on at 2:16...just an original section?

Maybe consider getting a female or two to do the high parts instead of doing them in falsetto? Also the voice starting 3:33 is kinda out of place in this stylistic context, IMO.

I remember commenting on this before it got deleted, but yeah, all sounds good, good idea and whatnot...my only complaint is the falsetto.

I'm sorry, but I completely dislike the falsetto. It takes an otherwise good song and turns it cheesy and rips me from moment. It just sounds like someone being silly more than it sounds like a legitimately sung note albeit you are hitting the note and all.

I'd almost rather hear the song without that regardless if you could get a female vocalist in there.

Sorry to be blunt, but like I said, I love everything but the falsetto just sucks.

I remember commenting on this before it got deleted, but yeah, all sounds good, good idea and whatnot...my only complaint is the falsetto.

I'm sorry, but I completely dislike the falsetto. It takes an otherwise good song and turns it cheesy and rips me from moment. It just sounds like someone being silly more than it sounds like a legitimately sung note albeit you are hitting the note and all.

I'd almost rather hear the song without that regardless if you could get a female vocalist in there.

Sorry to be blunt, but like I said, I love everything but the falsetto just sucks.

well, then it's clearly not a stylistic mistake--i just don't do it well enough. I am going for a counter-tenor sound... perhaps I need to either practice more, or find a real counter tenor :|

well, then it's clearly not a stylistic mistake--i just don't do it well enough.

That's what I mean, it's not the usage of falsetto, it's just in this case, (to my ears) it just doesn't sound right in this song.

I think it's just because you have such a deep voice, the falsetto seems way too far out of your range for it to seem legitimate or something like that. Grrr, I wish I was better at articulating what I mean.

But basically, it has nothing to do with you or your skill. It's like picking a synth lead in a song, listening to it, and deciding you dont like how the lead sounds...that's what the falsetto is to me.

Honestly, I don't really think it's a matter of practice. You're clearly hitting the note you want to hit, but your falsetto is just going to have a certain sound to it based on the timbre of your voice that isn't pleasant to me.

Overall though, I think I'm the only one who has really said they disliked it and hell I don't even have a remix here yet like yourself, so what the hell do I know =P

I think Nubioso does have a point. Doing every part by yourself is an admirable goal conceptually, and it's also might the cheapest/most convenient option, but on the other hand you end up with a recording where it sounds like every part was done by the same guy. Recruiting a friend or two to help would probably make an enormous difference.

One of my favorite DoD entries this month, next to "Utopia".

Excellent range of voice, man. Can't think of any criticisms about the singing. Spot-on work with the pronounciation of Al-Bhed words. Love on how progressive it got with each loop. That "male pop" voice toward the end surprised me a bit. Did not expect that. Doesn't suit the other voices and the feel of the track but I liked it. My only comment is that I think it needs a bit of background instrumentation even though that'll defeat the purpose of a full cappella remix. You can add drums and piano just like the original or something...and make that just as progressive as the singing voices. Starting out with some very minimal drums at first, then layered, then piano, etc.

Having other people singing in is not a bad idea as some of the other posters are suggesting, but your solo work is extremely impressive. A good female voice would be interesting to have here.