Remix Album Release (free) - Leads Of Fury

WillRock

Ok, this is a remix album I have done over the past year or so, it has all my mixes I have done over the year (excluding project tracks) along with some posted ocremixes, and a few to be posted ocremixes... :P

So i'm posting this here, because I don't want too many people to hear my ocremixes before they are posted yet, and you guys have helped me develop as a musician, so this is my thankyou in a way - anyway you probably may recognize a few of these remixes as you guys helped me with a few of them :D

The title was penned by DJP from one of my mix writeups, the legend that he is :D

Enjoy dudes :D

Leads Of Fury

I am obligated to check this out and listen through it ALL. Every last second. I shall. Then I will proceed to post my thoughts.

EDIT-

Oh wait. I've actually heard a lot of this stuff before! Well, gives me a chance to download the tracks I only heard on YouTube! Consistantly awesome stuff Will- especially the Knux Chaotix one.

lol what?

?

??

????

?!?!?!?!??

:nicework:

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEADS of fury.

Technically, he made sense. (I Think)

I likey Lava reef Zone.

This is exactly what an artist with both Lava Reef Zone and Ice Cap Zone remix should have.

An Ice Cap Remix, and then the lava reef zone has fiery qualities, a lot of similarities but cool in the exact same way as the ice cap remix.

But it seems to borrow heavily from the Ice Cap mix as far as arrangement goes. Is this not one of the remixes soon to be subbed?

There's borrowing, and then there's just personal style. I noticed my Braincooler mix (tbp) is a lot like my Eat Your Own Dust. I noticed I do a lot of the same things in remixes. I've noticed Disco Dan, DarkeSword, bLiNd, LuIzA, and so many others (but those come to mind as good examples besides myself and Will) have their distinct style, or styles.

I've probably heard most of these, and I'll rather have them posted and be reminded than comment now and not have much to say in the review when they do get posted. In 2013... ;)

This is exactly what an artist with both Lava Reef Zone and Ice Cap Zone remix should have.

An Ice Cap Remix, and then the lava reef zone has fiery qualities, a lot of similarities but cool in the exact same way as the ice cap remix.

But it seems to borrow heavily from the Ice Cap mix as far as arrangement goes. Is this not one of the remixes soon to be subbed?

haha that one was rejected due to the samples not being as good and the mixing not being as good (the mixing crit which I disagree with actually) :P

And yeah I noticed the similarities of both mixes as well... but I thought both were different enough not to seem like I was repeating myself :P

There's borrowing, and then there's just personal style. I noticed my Braincooler mix (tbp) is a lot like my Eat Your Own Dust. I noticed I do a lot of the same things in remixes. I've noticed Disco Dan, DarkeSword, bLiNd, LuIzA, and so many others (but those come to mind as good examples besides myself and Will) have their distinct style, or styles.

I've probably heard most of these, and I'll rather have them posted and be reminded than comment now and not have much to say in the review when they do get posted. In 2013... ;)

No I mean SEVERAL arrangement ideas seem exactly the same as in Ice Cap Mix

really digging the akira one. strikes me to be more like VF1 but that's fine, lol. There really isn't enough appreciation for some of those epic themes (but if you've ever played VFPC, ironically, every song gets a form of ocremix treatment, so that's pretty cool)

I can see where some people (eh hem, neblix) are saying you're sticking to some of the same structures. I don't see that as entirely the case. There are definitely variations; not all sonatas strictly adhere to the structure in the most obvious ways. I kinda see that as similar to what you're doing. Even if its not similar, I still think what you're doing works well.

Apocalyptic World sounds different, good, just... i think the mixing/samples and stuff for the introduction part (esp the drum roll) could be improved but it works. Once we get into the leads of fury part (i.e. everything else) it's all smooth sailing.

really digging the akira one. strikes me to be more like VF1 but that's fine, lol. There really isn't enough appreciation for some of those epic themes (but if you've ever played VFPC, ironically, every song gets a form of ocremix treatment, so that's pretty cool)

I can see where some people (eh hem, neblix) are saying you're sticking to some of the same structures. I don't see that as entirely the case. There are definitely variations; not all sonatas strictly adhere to the structure in the most obvious ways. I kinda see that as similar to what you're doing. Even if its not similar, I still think what you're doing works well.

Apocalyptic World sounds different, good, just... i think the mixing/samples and stuff for the introduction part (esp the drum roll) could be improved but it works. Once we get into the leads of fury part (i.e. everything else) it's all smooth sailing.

No dude I just said that about Lava Reef Remix. XDDDDDDDDDDDDD

If you're gonna make me a bad guy at least read waht I said beforehand. :tomatoface::tomatoface::tomatoface: