OCR Toku Club

DarkeSword

Tokusatsu is a term that describes live-action Japanese special effects shows, like Super Sentai and Kamen Rider. I've gotten a bunch of folks into Super Sentai and Kamen Rider on IRC and we like to watch episodes together every week together while discussing them on Skype.

This thread is for organizing viewing parties of new episodes and for discussing the shows that we watch.

We like to watch releases from TV-Nihon, a great toku fansubbing group. They release everything on BitTorrent, so grab some stuff and watch with us.

Shows we are watching:

Samurai Sentai Shinkenger

Kamen Rider Double

Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger

Kamen Rider 555

Please join us. Toku is a lot of fun with all the catchy music, bright colors, explosions, fight scenes, and stuff.

Kamen Rider W just started, and we're going to try and watch the first episode tonight around 8:30ish EST. Grab the first ep from TVN if you can.

If you want to join in the fun, add either me or Ashamee on Skype.

Hope to see you soon.

Yes, please, guys, do it. I know a ton of you in IRC keep up with this stuff, but we have fun watching as a group. The beautiful thing about Skype is that if you have a microphone, great, but if not, there's also plain old vanilla type-chat with letters!

We'd love to make this a regular thing, so just give it a try!

I'm freakin' excited for Double. :D Can't wait for 8:30. If you can't make that time, we can always rewatch. There is a week to wait between eps, so no worries.

Hah, it was pretty awesome. How will I know when the next W is coming out? By the way, I didn't watch the other show because it was like episode 28 of something or other and I always prefer to start at the beginning. :-)

Kamen Rider W wasn't really the beginning of the story though, as far as I could tell, even if it was an episode one. It's like a sequel to a previous series. :o

Guys, we're watching the first two eps of Kamen Rider W tonight at 8:30 EST. We want to allow people to join us from the beginning in case they missed out last week. It'll be fun.

Just hop on Skype and contact either DarkeSword or myself if you want details and would like to watch. We'd love to have you! We watch all these shows and comment and ooh and ahh during. It's a chance to be a kid for an hour. :razz:

Also, I won't go into details, but W episode 2 kicks copious amounts of ass. If any of you haven't seen it yet, you're gonna love it.

Shinkenger 31 isn't up yet (I expect it sometime today going by the usual schedule), but Double 4 is already available.

As a headsup though, people using Comcast may not want to use torrents to get this, as Toei is getting them to shoot out C&D e-mails to folks downloading Shinken. I've seen two people on another forum get hit with it, and apparently Brushfire's been hit too. TV-Nihon already provides an alternative to torrents though: direct download via services like Rapidshare and Megaupload. They've got links to everything they sub in this section of their forum, and it usually doesn't take more than an hour or so after the torrent first appears for them to have a DDL link available.