Rainwound - The Ivory Chapel (album / torrent)

Hi. This is Brandon Strader, and I am proud to present to you, the OC ReMix community, my band Rainwound's second album The Ivory Chapel which I just uploaded to torrent so you could download it for free.

theivorychapel_cover_low.jpg

(artwork by Brandon S. with the exception of face painting, painted by Melinda Gramnaes)

Here is the torrent: http://www.mininova.org/tor/3018794

I had someone test the torrent and it is currently working, even if it says 0 seeds and 0 leeches. Ashamee downloaded it and may possibly seed it pending whether or not Comcast is dumb about it. So here's a pasting of info that I typed up for the torrent site, some informative stuff. Thanks!

Band: Rainwound

Album: The Ivory Chapel

Year: 2009

Release Date: October 5th, 2009

Genre: Progressive Rock / Metal / Death

Tracklist:

1. November 23

2. Her Silvery Vision

3. Memories

4. The Ivory Chapel

5. To Measure One's Worth

6. A Knight's Vengeance

7. Holy Light

8. Assault on the Kingdom

9. Spiritual Hallucinations

Length: 76 minutes

myspace: www.myspace.com/rainwound

Here is the torrent: http://www.mininova.org/tor/3018794

Welcome to the internet.

Eh... I guess its not bad, but its not really endearing me. Its got that "poor man's Steve Hackett" thing going for it, even down to the artwork.

I like how you post reviews on your Myspace page that are middling and full of backhanded compliments. Am I just listening to poor versions of these songs from Myspace?

Its definitely better than I expected it to be, and anyone who pulls off a prog album of any kind deserves some recognition, but its not really endearing me like I say.

7.2/10

Hmm...

Overall I've only cared for the driven tracks as the slow ones remind me of tracks from the old days way back on MP3.com when it actually gave free mp3 downloads of various bands trying to make a name for themselves before it went to shit. Some of the stuff was ok but not really my thing...

7.9/10

Heh, not really my thing in terms of musical genres, but I liked that the first track is also the same day as my birthday falls on.

I guess it doesn't sound too bad, overall. I find the bouncing back and forth between the "metal voice" and the regularly voiced lyrics to be kind of jarring though. But I wouldn't be one to offer a judgment on this otherwise.

An interesting concept, to be sure, but it was kindof... i dunno, bland? There wasn't much punch to it or really a hook melodically or rhythmically in any of the songs that I could latch onto, y'know? And I'm not sure the death growls really fit with the rest of the sound.

But thats my opinion. I can't write music (essp Metal) worth crap, so already you're doing better than me, lol. Keep working on it.