PRC156 - PRC's Sixth Anniversary (Free Round)

Bundeslang

It's results time.

The last round from the sixth year is completely over now. With nine songs and seven voters. It was a good end of the year.

Total number of mixes - 9

Total number of votes - 7

Maximum Score - 24

Minimum Score - 3 (without voting)

Note: All Remixers except Level99 received a 3 points bonus for remixing a song which didn't have any OC Remixes.

Evktalo received one scored point, but he still gets the last place wooden spoon with 4 points.

Binweasel received two points, only enough to claim eight place with 5 points.

Setokaibarocket received 3 points, but didn't vote, Bundeslang and Chickenwarlord didn't receive any points, but they voted themselve up to fifth place, six points.

Just64helpin and Liquidwind received many points and created a gap from 5 points with the #5, the 11 points are enough to claim third place.

Level99 didn't need to do an OCR song, his 14 points are enough to claim second place.

And the winner of PRC156 Anniversary Edition is Diotrans with 18 points!

Congratulations Diotrans, your song received the most points. Level99 ended second with four points difference. Just64helpin and Liquidwind claimed the third place. These four scored almost all points, only Setokaibarocket, Binweasel and Evktalo took points away.

Diotrans, you may select the source for PRC158. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM before next Friday, November 14th at 11:59 am Eastern US Time. PRC158 will start on Friday 21 November.

The winner of PRC157 may select a source as well.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/bambombimremixcompetitienl

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc

PRC157 has already started: check it out at http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26236.

Aww sucks, I missed the voting deadline. Great round in any case! Thanks for all the feedback too! I thought it was all spot-on, both complimentary and critical. :)

[snip getting too many points comment after reading the scoring rules about this round, whoops]

edit#2: And congrats Diotrans! A well-deserved win. Have fun picking the song! :)

--Eino

Aww sucks, I missed the voting deadline. Great round in any case! Thanks for all the feedback too! I thought it was all spot-on, both complimentary and critical. :)

<s>It looks like I got too many points - I count only one 3rd place vote, and I didn't vote, so I should only get one point.</s> oops, nevermind..

--Eino

Note: All Remixers except Level99 received a 3 points bonus for remixing a song which didn't have any OC Remixes.

:-)

10char

EDIT: haha, never mind.

comments on mah comments

people who thought my song was too dissonant they should hear my more avant garde stuff <_< the slightly off key B melody was present in the source though, maybe some people would've taken it out but I liked it too much

the "harmonicaish" sample is a really bad bagpipe sample that is also highpassed a bit, I thought at this point it sounded more like a harmonica too

speaking of which I also didn't understand the "not that close to the source" comment, I basically didn't change anything, same progressions, slightly different timing of notes, added something to the B melody and drums and stuff, but if anything I expected someone to be like "this be the same thing as the original!"...I guess it's better that it's thought of as different though :)

stevo: you could still do that ;) I'm going to revise it a bit anyway, I agree with what you said about the drums, this(as well as my last few OHC's) was part of my experiment in trying to use FL like everyone else and break everything down into patterns/clips, as well as being slower for me otherwise it encourages bad repetition like that when it's so much more work to do even something simple like edit velocities on a repeating part, back to one pattern now, thanks for the great review :D

grats to dio for winning, stevo for second too, sorry I didn't vote I had a few ties I never worked out so I didn't have a very clear top 3

Yay thanks for all the comments and kind words ^_^ I def had a lot of fun with this and I thought the entries were all really great. I will have to participate in more PRCs in the future!

I'll try to pick something good for the next (next next?) round, actually I already have an idea of what source I want to pick and I hope everyone will have fun with it. Bundeslang I will send you a link soon.

Yeah, this was fun, I'm glad the proposed invasion took hold very well, and would like to apologize if we invaded your territory even though you had warning :-o

But seriously, this was great. Thanks to everyone who voted or participated, I can't believe I got second place. And wouldn't you know it, the next PRC is a source that I just can't turn down so...way to get me hooked, guys.

Thank you as well for the kind words and reviews, as I've decided to put my PRC entry to good use and request that it take a spot on Bahamut's project tentatively called "the light and the darkness". Congrats to Diotrans for winning, it was well-deserved, and for jh and liquid tying for 3rd, and the rest of y'all. Keep on rocking.